Negative attitude towards Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It may also be that the brand Windows remind people of work. Long hours in your station typing reports on excel or word.

Haha!!

Windows is cool now but the message hasn't really gotten across to the mainstream yet.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
My thought is:
The internet is the best way to propagate "hate" for anything.
Being positive is for happy people who stay far far away from the web.

Heck I sit and drink beer with other phone OS users sharing pics and happy stuff we found on the web and we like each other...
Meanwhile arguing on the internet continues.

Well i would be surprised if people actually get affected in real life by what phone they have, i can not imagine that i wouldn't hang out with people who has android or iOS because i dont really care.

But yeah i agree, on the internet hate/negative thoughts are easier to release into the wild and happy ones are usually kept to specific forums or themselves entirely.

Jules W

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft and Windows are very poor brands in the consumer space, as people remember using old Windows at home, with crashes, lags and driver installation issues. It has been such a relief to consumers to move to touch and reliable simple mobile operating systems with iOS and Android. So the consumers associated Windows Phone and Windows RT with old negative opinions. Windows is a reluctant established standard in Enterprise, and by IT. But Windows is considered a dull workhorse by the user community, who would rather bring in their iPads and Androids into work.

This is why Microsoft need to rebrand their consumer phones and devices away from Windows and Microsoft. No matter how good a product, when it has poor branding, marketing cannot get any success with poisonous brands. rebranding to Xbox or Lumia Phones and Tablets would have more consumer success, Leaving Windows and Surface for Enterprise sales.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
You need to understand that Apple is the king of marketing. A key aspect of marketing is appealing to the intellectually challenged. So while everyone who uses an iPhone is not intellectually challenged and could be quite smart, if someone is intellectually challenged they are more likely to use an iPhone than a phone with weaker marketing. Therefore a higher percent of iPhone users are intellectually challenged than other types. This explains the negative ignorance. You will find the intellectually challenged iPhone users are just as stupid about other products they use.

Last edited:

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
A lot of folk have this attitude, it could be a carry on from the Windows Mobile days which was $hit, To be honest the love of all things Apple and iPhone baffles me, I recently got an iPhone 5C as a free upgrade, played with it a day and it just had to go, iOS is rubbish, I can't understand why it gets so much love. So eBayed the 5C and got a 920 and wireless charger and still had over ?100 left from what I got from the 5C.

Because apple just works and its seamless too. Windows will always have issues poor drivers and bugs because it has to go various different hardware configurations where apple has limited configurations to support with drivers and the os perfectly optimized for the hardware. That and the fact that its based of the Regular windows people fear they will have the same issues of crashes, virus yadda yada ...

Honestly after using a mac I can convert but ill keep a surface near(cant leave windows 100%). OS X is nice IOS I don't like. Only way MS can have the apple effect is to Make Windows and Windows phone perfectly optimized to Nokia and surface hardware with buttery smooth drivers much like how apple tailors its stuff to hardware and make manufactures do the same with their devices.

When MS does a Surface phone and laptop line along with the Surface tablets and the Lumia line that has that buttery smooth finish when you use it, you will find people converting. Plus people like to spend cash on so called high quality products surface isn't there yet but it will be.

As for the hate on Windows phone it stems from windows buggy glitchy nature and the fact that apple has spoiled ppl with an extremely optimised OS and fluid drivers (Phones, Tablets and PC's).

Last edited:

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't see anything negative about WP there, he just loves his iPhone. Just like I loved my webOS phones even though I was aware that other phones could do a lot more, I just liked the way they worked. Seems pretty innocent to me.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't see anything negative about WP there, he just loves his iPhone. Just like I loved my webOS phones even though I was aware that other phones could do a lot more, I just liked the way they worked. Seems pretty innocent to me.
No, I made a post called why is there so much hate for WP. It's like windows phone is socially unacceptable or something. These random posts on the internet are deliberate. It's driving potential customers away from the platform. Maybe they are scared, insecure (Cortana vs Siri & 8.1) it never happens to anyone else.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
No, I made a post called why is there so much hate for WP. It's like windows phone is socially unacceptable or something. These random posts on the internet are deliberate. It's driving potential customers away from the platform. Maybe they are scared, insecure (Cortana vs Siri & 8.1) it never happens to anyone else.

It falls back to Brain washing and Windows issues on a whole.
Windows has its issues and is know for crashing and buggs that one reason ppl shy away and hate.

Reason two there are allot of technologically illiterate people so its easy for tech sites and blogs to brainwash the masses that and society says we need apps so any platform that lacks app are automatically dismissed regardless of how good they are. That and Google and Apple have thier paid people to write that ios and google are the best yada.

Reason three app gap / market.
Microsoft has poor marketing and they are not trying to help the app gap
MS needs to make their services and apps the best on windows phone before other platforms so once people are hooked in MS's world they will convert to get a better experience.
MS needs better adverts and reasons to make people switch.
MS needs to spend some money behind app developers to get the bug names there i.e pay some of these companies.

All these things can be written in such a way to make consumers avoid windows or other brands .... its like media saying slim and fitt is in if your fat you should feel bad and be ignored ... society brain wash

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It falls back to Brain washing and Windows issues on a whole.
Windows has its issues and is know for crashing and buggs that one reason ppl shy away and hate.

Reason two there are allot of technologically illiterate people so its easy for tech sites and blogs to brainwash the masses that and society says we need apps so any platform that lacks app are automatically dismissed regardless of how good they are. That and Google and Apple have thier paid people to write that ios and google are the best yada.

Reason three app gap / market.
Microsoft has poor marketing and they are not trying to help the app gap
MS needs to make their services and apps the best on windows phone before other platforms so once people are hooked in MS's world they will convert to get a better experience.
MS needs better adverts and reasons to make people switch.
MS needs to spend some money behind app developers to get the bug names there i.e pay some of these companies.

All these things can be written in such a way to make consumers avoid windows or other brands .... its like media saying slim and fitt is in if your fat you should feel bad and be ignored ... society brain wash

Prone crashing and bugs? I can't remember the last time my PC crashed. And have you ever used a Mac? I see more of those freeze up on a daily basis than any PC. That whole Macs never crash is the biggest lie ever. Their phones crash a lot too, I had one, crashed the first time I used it and regularly after that.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Prone crashing and bugs? I can't remember the last time my PC crashed. And have you ever used a Mac? I see more of those freeze up on a daily basis than any PC. That whole Macs never crash is the biggest lie ever. Their phones crash a lot too, I had one, crashed the first time I used it and regularly after that.

It's a meme that Windows crashes, is bug-ridden, and is malware infested. Anyone who used 3.x, 95, 98, ME, early XP, or early Vista remembers the crashes well, as does anyone who has screwed up his PC with bad drivers, bad applications, or bad hardware. Since Windows has been the biggest target for 20 years, it has always gotten the most malware attacks, and the security issues in older versions made it easy for determined bad guys to get in with technical hacks. Nowadays, the vulnerabilities are few and difficult to exploit, which is why most modern malware is social engineering based, but people who believe in the meme, especially Linux and OSX fanatics, still use it to attack MS and Windows. Memes have a life of their own, you know, long after they cease to be true. Check the forums at C/net or ZDNet sometime - for some people, Windows has been doomed since the '90s, and THIS year will be The Year of Linux, or The Year of the Mac, or - well, you get the picture. You think the hate in phone forums is bad, you haven't seen REAL hate for corporations and products until you've read what those True Believers (some of whom are also MS zealots - they're as bad as the Apple fans and Linux lovers, sadly enough) have to say.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Yes my windows 8.1 machine has blue screened a couple times on me and locked up .... bear in mine i never said macs don't crash .... i just said they are buttery smooth the ones i have played with at least and the biggest evidence OS their optimization / driver code optimization is how smooth their track-pad runs.

As i said "Windows has its issues and is know for crashing and bugs that one reason ppl shy away and hate" means that the Track record of windows has stuck thanks to social media and brain washing ... not the actually fact of it being that way.

to put it frankly windows does crash and does have bugs ... from the drivers needed for the hardware that break and cause blue screen not windows itself, but a driver integrates into the OS when installed so to the untrained masses they will blame windows.

heck avast antivirus had a issue with causing windows too crash ....

my post was there to point out how the media and social networking can spin the views of the uneducated or technologically illiterate. so that's where dislike of the OS comes from that and fanboyes.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
It's a meme that Windows crashes, is bug-ridden, and is malware infested. Anyone who used 3.x, 95, 98, ME, early XP, or early Vista remembers the crashes well, as does anyone who has screwed up his PC with bad drivers, bad applications, or bad hardware. Since Windows has been the biggest target for 20 years, it has always gotten the most malware attacks, and the security issues in older versions made it easy for determined bad guys to get in with technical hacks. Nowadays, the vulnerabilities are few and difficult to exploit, which is why most modern malware is social engineering based, but people who believe in the meme, especially Linux and OSX fanatics, still use it to attack MS and Windows. Memes have a life of their own, you know, long after they cease to be true. Check the forums at C/net or ZDNet sometime - for some people, Windows has been doomed since the '90s, and THIS year will be The Year of Linux, or The Year of the Mac, or - well, you get the picture. You think the hate in phone forums is bad, you haven't seen REAL hate for corporations and products until you've read what those True Believers (some of whom are also MS zealots - they're as bad as the Apple fans and Linux lovers, sadly enough) have to say.

thank you for explaining for me i did not think i would have to explain my point ..... or that it would be miss understood .....
point is again people need to hate or dislike , put down one another or make some one feel inferior for sumthing so why not an OS its human nature some dont feel good unless they are a ****** who hates and bashes every one. its psychology and brain washing really that generates hate ...

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do think the Microsoft name brings so much baggage to Windows Phone. I mean hell I've heard it directly from people that the last thing they want is "Windows on my damn phone". Also they pretty much think the Live Tile UI sucks. It doesn't help matters that the Microsoft-coded apps are sub-par.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The sad thing is that many things about Windows Phone are well done:

* the app list
* Live Folders
* Cortana
* the ability to pin various content to the start screen

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
The sad thing is that many things about Windows Phone are well done:

* the app list
* Live Folders
* Cortana
* the ability to pin various content to the start screen

Live folders yes Cortana i love ...pinning stuff ok
the app list is okay i would like more views but there are stuff on windows phone this are exceptionally well done.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I do think it's crazy that some friends of mine are getting the new iPhone even though they know nothing about them ? That is power of apple to follow iPhone but why ? Android I think is different, I think they are more mislead, for example they think android is free and on their side, instead they are the opposite, they steal your information, track everywhere your phone goes, they were also sued for stealing GPS info from the iPhone and also the street view car was hacking home Wi-fi's around the world. When I tell people that's why I don't have an Android they tend to be shocked and have no idea. I don't think they are loyal at all compared to iPhone or windows phone users.
Sales people need to push of more as well.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do think it's crazy that some friends of mine are getting the new iPhone even though they know nothing about them ? That is power of apple to follow iPhone but why ? Android I think is different, I think they are more mislead, for example they think android is free and on their side, instead they are the opposite, they steal your information, track everywhere your phone goes, they were also sued for stealing GPS info from the iPhone and also the street view car was hacking home Wi-fi's around the world. When I tell people that's why I don't have an Android they tend to be shocked and have no idea. I don't think they are loyal at all compared to iPhone or windows phone users.
Sales people need to push of more as well.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express

I think with iPhone it's very simple

- hardware looks beautiful
- you generally have a feeling that "all the apps are there"
- your friends already have one

easy choice. Android has too many handsets to choose from and Windows Phone mostly gets an "whaaaaaaaaaat"?

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to consider about mobile phones. In a carrier store, salespeople have a big sales incentives to push a new phone(LG G3). They already know the iPhones sell themselves, but if they can sell some LG G3s they get a bigger commission this month. So a lot of people over the years have been pushed into Android phones that way.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I went into my T-Mo store about two weeks ago and asked when the 1525 is coming... They tried to steer me to a Samsung.

It just is NOT on people's minds that there even is such a thing as a "Windows" phone and they have no clue what it is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos