920 Battery meter since update

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Since the update, the already horrible 920 battery, will have the meter show it w times as quick as usual. Essentially watching the phone die in less than am hour an a half with almost no use. Plugging it in, will have the phone relaunch, and shockingly boot up with battery being shown as 90% full. Multiple reboots and a clean reinstall and I am still getting this issue.

Anyone else seeing this?

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
My 920 is great with its battery moderate use gets me about 9 hours. It seems that you have a faulty battery did you buy it new or used?

If that's the case and it is used id recommend either getting it repaired via Nokia or buy a battery online and a toolkit and replace it yourself

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Also are there a ton of apps or any sketchy old apps that may be draining it...I've read that older apps can have bugs that cause them to use the processor even when the app should have closed. The processor is the biggest drained along side the screen

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
And lastly if not done so, use the phone until it shuts off completely I had to recalibrate my battery with DP 8.1...so once the phone shuts itself off from the battery being empty L...charge it overnight and if the battery is still good that should help it adjust

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have had this happen to my Lumia 920 on two separate occasions since updating to 8.1 update 1. The battery indicator shows a really fast drop, 60-70% in the space of an hour or two, but if you restart the phone then you find that the battery is actually still close to 100% full. This hasn't happened in the last few days so maybe the restart fixed it?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen to my Lumia 920 on two separate occasions since updating to 8.1 update 1. The battery indicator shows a really fast drop, 60-70% in the space of an hour or two, but if you restart the phone then you find that the battery is actually still close to 100% full. This hasn't happened in the last few days so maybe the restart fixed it?

No. Its not apps. Ot started immediately with the 8.1 update and others are reporting this bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720