Windows Phone 8.1 camera driver issue - Camera stops working (lumia 1020 etc.)

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Their seems to be a issue with WP 8.1. I have tested 8.1 preview and official 8.1 update. Upgrading to WP 8.1 causes my my main camera to stop working. I have done some research and its a driver related issue that Microsoft right now is investigating. How many users are affected? I don't know, try to get some response here. AM I the only one here with a camera that stops working.

A hard reset, uninstalling camera apps / reinstalling does not help. Nothing works, theirs no solution since its a driver issue.
If someone have a workaround please let me know. I am thinking if the complete CYAN package, downloaded to PC can flash/correct this.
Updating CYAN over the air does not work.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've 8.1 plus DP update and my camera is still working on my UK unlocked 1020 (hope I haven't just jinxed it) .
Sent from my 1020 using Tapatalk

dunhill1020

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
i got the same issue with camera and i noticed whilst this issue goes on it chews up the battery bad, also headphones don't work, and the fm radio is now gone.

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I spoke to Daniel at NOKIA Live Chat. He is not very helpful. He told me that he has created a ticket for this issue and forwarded it to a engineer. The engineer have looked at the issue for 3 days but still no solution. Daniel is very rude and told me to **** OFF basically. I have identified the problem but NOKIA/MICROSOFT done care about us users. Everyone need to create a ticket at Microsoft/Nokia support so this problem gets resolved. Its a software issue, so dont trust anything else. DAMIT NOKIA. I HATE YOU! BAD SUPPORT, BAD SOFTWARE... ****TY PRODUCT...

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Managed to flash a germany cyan 8.1 rom to phone. Worked but still same issue with camera. Then i flashed back to WP 8.0/Black. Camera works like a charm. Using default CYAN rom, from other country does not solve the issue.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i got the same issue with camera and i noticed whilst this issue goes on it chews up the battery bad, also headphones don't work, and the fm radio is now gone.
Gone nowhere... if you read 8.1 updates, you get to know that FM Radio is installed as an app now. Check your apps list and it should be there.

g7979

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Their seems to be a issue with WP 8.1. I have tested 8.1 preview and official 8.1 update. Upgrading to WP 8.1 causes my my main camera to stop working. I have done some research and its a driver related issue that Microsoft right now is investigating. How many users are affected? I don't know, try to get some response here. AM I the only one here with a camera that stops working.

A hard reset, uninstalling camera apps / reinstalling does not help. Nothing works, theirs no solution since its a driver issue.
If someone have a workaround please let me know. I am thinking if the complete CYAN package, downloaded to PC can flash/correct this.
Updating CYAN over the air does not work.

g7979

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I also have the same problem, updated 8.1 yesterday and cannot get my camera to work, so frustrating. Windows need to sort this out.

RagsnRam

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Tried something similar to this, and now my camera finally works again. But the flash and LED still don't work. Any workaround?

It has taken me multiple trial and error to get this done. Truly disappointed with Microsoft which doesn't care to address concerns of its users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz