It looks like that Error 80188308 Fixed!

Anurag Sonti

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Even, I think the same. They may leave us out as the affected number is very less or small and ask us to roll back to windows phone 8 using the Nokia software recovery tool and then upgrade to 8.1+ cyan.

paulinoz

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Got news that the bitlocker issue is fixed too, but not ours.
Starting to feel like a private club. "Our" 0x80188308 bug. Sharing together in a worldwide movement saying to MS "we can't upgrade, but you've gone silent on us". Of course this means there are a whole lot of folk out there who are no longer testing the latest DP. Not in anyone's interest.

Anurag Sonti

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Now I see people talking about GDR 2 updates, which they say will release in 2 months and we sit here cracking nuts waiting for a fix since 1 month.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Now I see people talking about GDR 2 updates, which they say will release in 2 months and we sit here cracking nuts waiting for a fix since 1 month.

I don't mind the wait as long as Joe Belfiore and/or Microsoft is willing to communicate on the progress.

But what we get is complete silence for the past 1 month ++.

Tweets to Joe Belfiore will very definitely be ignored by him...

Anurag Sonti

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
If that was the case, they would have announced it by now asking everyone facing this problem to roll back to WP8 using the Nokia recovery tool. Why did they not do it? And may be, they recommended you to roll back because you were desperate and couldn't wait for a fix. I cannot afford to loose all the game data that is saved so far, no way I am rolling back. Will wait, but still want the fix asap. And may be, can you share the screenshot of the mail or something, please, we would like to know.

Last edited:

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

We have investigated this error further and have determined that it is caused by the version of Windows Phone installed on the device not matching what the new update was expecting. To resolve this, you will need to contact your mobile operator or Nokia to reinstall Windows Phone 8.1 with the proper version.

Please reply to this email with any additional questions you may have. We will check in with you in a few days from now to see how you are progressing if we have not heard from you by then.

Regards,
Aaron B.
Microsoft Support

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually mate it is not possible as of now to provide a package of wp8.1 update 1 for some devices because they have installed wrong update before.

What I'm saying is that if thatwas the case we would be hearing that through the official channels or even from Joe Belfiore. I'm not saying your wrong but what I am saying is that we should assume theres a fix for it until they tell us one won't be coming.

CeeTee909

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If using the Nokia Software Recovery tool is part of the "solution" then what to people with Samsung Ativs who are experiencing this issue do?

CeeTee909

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
What I'm saying is that if thatwas the case we would be hearing that through the official channels or even from Joe Belfiore. I'm not saying your wrong but what I am saying is that we should assume theres a fix for it until they tell us one won't be coming.

Yes, there are "fixes" and there are "workarounds".

Nuking the phone and reinstalling, is a workaround that will resolve the problem now (at least for Lumia owners) while a fix should avoid the need for doing that.

Joe Belfiore tweeted publicly for users who were experiencing the problem to "sit tight" - clearly indicating that more announcements would follow. He now has an obligation to update those users with a statement on when a fix is coming, or alternatively, what the official MS resolution is.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Joe Belfiore tweeted publicly for users who were experiencing the problem to "sit tight"

That "sit tight" tweet was made more than a month ago, and there is no further follow-up statement to the issue.

Tweeted him numerous times on the progress but never hear back from him.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Ativ S owner here. I too am annoyed it is taking this long and more annoyed by the lack of communication. I am no way going to hard reset and lose game progress data etc. No way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb