Nokia 920 on Tesco wont find 8.1 update?

codnan

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi , i have a Nokia 920 on Tesco mobile which is o2 and have been patiently waiting for the 8.1 update ,but i checked on nokias site and the update sais it should be available for Nokia 920 on o2 i have checked for the update manually and nothing is there .so i was wondering if i have to wait longer since i am Tesco mobile or if i should be able to get the update and its just not working ?

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
It's because you have an unbranded Country Variant 920 like mine. I got mine from Tesco as well and put a giffgaff SIM in it and I cannot get 8.1 yet either as Microsoft have not released the update for CV 920s yet.

Go into Settings

About 920

If it says Carrier: CV GB you have a Country Variant unbranded (and unlocked) phone. If it was an O2 one it would say O2 GB.

Advantage of a country variant is you can stick any SIM card you like in it. Disadvantage is you often have to wait longer for updates. Why? Ask Microsoft...

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi , i have a Nokia 920 on Tesco mobile which is o2 and have been patiently waiting for the 8.1 update ,but i checked on nokias site and the update sais it should be available for Nokia 920 on o2 i have checked for the update manually and nothing is there .so i was wondering if i have to wait longer since i am Tesco mobile or if i should be able to get the update and its just not working ?

Just flash the O2 WP8 ROM. It's available..

I'm on EE for my 920 and was fed up with waiting, so I flashed the ROM to the O2 one, and updated to 8.1/Cyan via OTA

Works perfectly!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett