I cant make live folders on my Lumia 1020

NUUDELI

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my lumia to windows 8.1 and it works fine, but making folders. I watched videos about it and I did just the way that they did, downloaded preview for developers. Nothing helps.
What should I do? :(

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What OS version are you currently running.

If system->about, it has to say "Windows Phone 8.1 Update"

If you don't have the "Update" part, the folders won't work.

Darryl brighton

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Following the latest 8.1 update, the folder functionality isn't working on my lumia 1020? Watching the videos this should be so simple, however I'm having no luck. Someones help would be very much appreciated!

Brian Armstrong

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my 1020. System>About says I have Windows Phone 8.1. It does not say update. Checked for updates and it says my phone is up to date.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Kinda surprising there's still so much confusing about that matter.

Live folders are a feature introduced with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, also so referred to as Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1. It's currently only available for those enrolled in the Preview for Developers Program, hence not officially available as of yet.
It is NOT part of the officially available Windows Phone 8.1 (+ Cyan, if you're using a Lumia device) over OTA.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
OS version is 8.10.12393.890

As ^^ said, you need a few more updates to get to the Update 1 (or GDR1) update that enables the folder creation feature. Right now only folks who are enrolled in the Preview for Developers program can update past the OS version you've. Live folders are enabled in OS version 8.10.14147.180

Brian Armstrong

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't make sense - why would MS include that feature in the official release notes (txt to me after the update) if it was only for the developer preview?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't make sense - why would MS include that feature in the official release notes (txt to me after the update) if it was only for the developer preview?

Did they? Must've been on error. As far as I know it was planned for 8.1, but didn't make it. That's why it's gonna be part of GDR 1, which is currently only available for those taking part in the dev preview program.

Zac Chacon

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I think the reason for the confusion's been pinpointed here. On completion of the install of Lumia Cyan and the Windows 8.1 update released by AT&T recently (my phone notified of the update this morning - 8/18 - but it looks like it was released last Friday), the user got a text message describing the features, including the Live Folder feature with a link to a cool video. Just glad to see that I'm not the only one who wasted time today thinking that I had a bad install or some other obscure problem. Of course, AT&T support is completely clueless about the issue - after explaining what Live Folders was to the rep and waiting on hold for 10 minutes, I was given MS support general number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss