Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Posted here because is not about some Cortana features

Since GDR1 I'm not able to do the trick to activate Cortana outside US

Anybody with the same problem?

sunco

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Nop, before GDR1, I set my region and language to US, English and then Cortana appears with search button or icon on app list

Now it's not working with me

My default region and language is M?xico, Spanish (also my location is M?xico)

secondsight

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I think the support introduced in GDR1 was for China, UK, Canada, India and Australia. I never tried the trick of changing to US

IIRC it was the Speech, the Language and Regional format (match phone language) that you had to change. Are they all still set like that?

sunco

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Changing regional an language used to work. Speech changes automatically

Now it doesn't work

The support you said, is the alpha one. The beta one works even if you are outside US and change region an language

There is a post about this but i'm not allowed to use links. Title: want-cortana-outside-us-heres-how (this used to work, now with GDR1 is not working)

secondsight

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
My only other suggestion would be to back everything up and do a hard reset (effectively a clean installation) then to try the trick again. Its a bit of a long way round although. :straight:

(At least you have 10 posts now :angel: )

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Some things to check

Firstly have you got the English (United States) option in languages?

if so it needs to be top of the list. (tap and hold and on the menu select move up)

also does it state that any files need to be downloaded? (the necessary language pack)

If so the check for updates in Phone update.

Also check that speech is set to English (US).

Once that is done restart the handset. Hold the power button and swipe down, then start backup. (Don't soft reset as this doesn't always save recent changes)

Cortana should then be visible in the apps list and under the applications section of settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077