Storage Issue

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm running WP 8.1 DP on my NL920. Started the day with 7GB free, decided to upload some videos and pictures to OneDrive. just got notified that my phone storage is low. Open Storage sense and my phone is nearly full with system at 9.60GB in Apps, OneDrive is at 6GB, why would it be this big if all I'm doing is pushing stuff to the cloud? And the best part, I can't uninstall OneDrive

Anyone know what's going on? I remember there was the other storage issue back in the day, has that still not been fixed?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd be trying (in this order):

- a reboot might actually fix this, prior to this, DELETE temporary files in Storage Sense
- a soft reset (hold power & volume down)
- backup, then a hard reset, reboot (w/o signing in), followed by a restore after signing in
- or simply wait for Lumia Cyan (which will probably rectify this)

check after each to see if this fixed it. Hard reset is a last resort !

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd be trying (in this order):

- a reboot might actually fix this, prior to this, DELETE temporary files in Storage Sense
- a soft reset (hold power & volume down)
- backup, then a hard reset, reboot (w/o signing in), followed by a restore after signing in
- or simply wait for Lumia Cyan (which will probably rectify this)

check after each to see if this fixed it. Hard reset is a last resort !

Temporary Files are at ZERO, which is something that I found very odd.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Quick update

Since then, both the system folder and the OneDrive folder were each drastically reduced over time, without me doing anything, and there is now 4GB available, i'm still trying to figure out where the other 2GB went and why something cause both the OneDrive app data and systems folder to balloon suddenly and then partially clear

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720