banking apps needed

emeke onyeagu

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My appreciation goes to WP management for their great effort that has helped to facilitate the platform in all ways thumbs up for u guys but our problem down here in Africa I don't really know about others but I hope this can help as many involved in this, we need mobile banking app of our local banks like zenith bank, first bank and many others pls help us thanks for BBM and other great accomplishment we re solidly behind you, do you know why because you are the platform of the 21st generation and the next

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Many banking apps are missing on WP platform everywhere and most banks don't seem very interested at this stage to make one.

I'm still waiting for HSBC.

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I bug my bank and credit card company on twitter every two weeks or so. I suggest you do the same if you want it sooner.
Same here. Then they tell me they're keeping an eye on the market, which is bullcrap since according to recent articles WP is gaining on Apple and Google in terms of sales over here.

Tempted to switch over to another bank still.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The banks make the Apps... Not the OS software vendor...

OMG imagine the horror of Microsoft/Apple/Google having that level of access to your financial institution and their security. *shudder*

Even worse... Imagine your bank just throwing together some slipshod whatever App because somebody won't stop twitting about it...

Worse comes to worse, can you not sign in via Browser?

The only thing I get out of my BoA App that the browser does not have is mobile deposit. I can see wanting that (I do use mine), but more importantly I want it to be secure. I like what I've seen so far in terms of security within the App or I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, there is not much to do. Write to your bank that you will leave it unless it makes WP app. Write to another bank that you would use it if it had WP. Get more people to write. And now and then it will work.

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
The banks make the Apps... Not the OS software vendor...

OMG imagine the horror of Microsoft/Apple/Google having that level of access to your financial institution and their security. *shudder*

Even worse... Imagine your bank just throwing together some slipshod whatever App because somebody won't stop twitting about it...

Worse comes to worse, can you not sign in via Browser?

The only thing I get out of my BoA App that the browser does not have is mobile deposit. I can see wanting that (I do use mine), but more importantly I want it to be secure. I like what I've seen so far in terms of security within the App or I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Well.. There are some differences.. My HDFC app is more or less just a web wrapper.. There is no single feature on the app that I cannot do on the mobile website.. But Kotak Mahindra is a charm.. A perfect example of how a Windows phone banking app should be.. They have crafted everything right from the splash screen.. You have live tiles like structures inside the app which shows your balance and recent transactions.. The app is simply awesome..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well.. There are some differences.. My HDFC app is more or less just a web wrapper.. There is no single feature on the app that I cannot do on the mobile website.. But Kotak Mahindra is a charm.. A perfect example of how a Windows phone banking app should be.. They have crafted everything right from the splash screen.. You have live tiles like structures inside the app which shows your balance and recent transactions.. The app is simply awesome..

​Don't get me wrong... My BoA App is very well done and visually/ease of use kicks some serious browser... But it it were not there, the only thing the browser would not have is mobile deposit.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
No banks in my area (Pittsburgh) have Windows Phone apps. 2 have Windows 8 apps but are outdated and/or limited in functionality.
Anyway, I use PNC. The mobile website provides limited functionality, mainly just balance and recent transactions. I have an iPad Mini and I'm able to use the full featured PNC app and mobile deposit on there, but mobile deposit is a real pain, it takes me several tries to get the perfect pictures for it to accept. It's easier just to go down the road and use the ATM for deposit, plus I don't have to worry about keeping the physical check for awhile and I can pull cash out if I need to. So while mobile deposit is a cool feature to have, it's not always practical. I guess it depends on the circumstances. That said, it would still be nice for PNC to create a mobile app for WP.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...I have an iPad Mini and I'm able to use... mobile deposit on there, but mobile deposit is a real pain, it takes me several tries to get the perfect pictures for it to accept. It's easier just to go down the road and use the ATM for deposit...

I've never had a mobile deposit image rejected from my Lumia 925... :grin:

My account is free so long as I never interact with a live human being inside the bank. The moment I do, there is a fee...

Maybe some cologne would help me?

J/K: but it is why I even looked for an App to begin with. Gotta have the Mobile Deposit or I would have to run to the ATM any time I have a check to put in. I mostly run on plastic and there are always places that allow cash back.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a mobile deposit image rejected from my Lumia 925... :grin:

My account is free so long as I never interact with a live human being inside the bank. The moment I do, there is a fee...

Maybe some cologne would help me?

J/K: but it is why I even looked for an App to begin with. Gotta have the Mobile Deposit or I would have to run to the ATM any time I have a check to put in. I mostly run on plastic and there are always places that allow cash back.

Yeah, I'm thinking it would be easier to take check image pictures with my Lumia 1520 than my iPad Mini. I typically only receive 1 or 2 paper checks a month so it's not a huge deal for me to deposit them in a nearby ATM but if you receive a lot checks, it could be a huge inconvenience. I mostly run on plastic as well, but typically use a credit card for most transactions (to accumulate rewards points) so cash back isn't usually an option. I use cash for a lot of smaller purchases, typically under $10.
But your post brings up another good point. Many banks are trying to drastically reduce the number of tellers and therefore also the number of walk in customers. Some have gone as far as to charge a fee for conducting any transactions inside the bank. They heavily promote using the mobile app instead, but there is no app available for WP, leaving the ATM as the only alternative, but the ATM may not offer some of the capabilities that the mobile app does.

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I've said this before, but there are companies that make the mobile snapshot deposit middleware and the basic mobile app that the banks customize. They also own the servers to handle the processing and interpretation of the images to send the data to the bank. Other companies write the online banking website software that ties into the middleware when necessary. These are the people who need to be convinced to write the basic mobile app for Windows Phone.

Once I found that, I quit talking to my bank about it. At least they improved their mobile site so it "looks" like an app. It works fairly well and is sufficient for my use. Just wish there was a faster way to log in.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo