How to MERGE contacts into MS account?

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
First, I know we can "Link" other accounts like Google and Facebook but I want to merge the contacts and make the info available in my MS account.

I have connected "MS Contacts" with Google but when I search for a contact it has "Live,Google" under it and when I delete the Google account it deletes some of the contact info(if the contact has 3 phone numbers in total with 2 of them in Google then the 2 disappear)

Hope I made some sense or was my english that bad or Please help me as I don't want anything from google :)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
First, I know we can "Link" other accounts like Google and Facebook but I want to merge the contacts and make the info available in my MS account.

I have connected "MS Contacts" with Google but when I search for a contact it has "Live,Google" under it and when I delete the Google account it deletes some of the contact info(if the contact has 3 phone numbers in total with 2 of them in Google then the 2 disappear)

Hope I made some sense or was my english that bad or Please help me as I don't want anything from google :)

If you go to outlook.com (hotmail), you can merge your Google contacts with your MS contacts. Then you can just use your MS account for all your contacts.
That's what I did to be rid of Google and GMail. Works great...

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I am bit skeptical about this...but is there any APP?

There is no app. You can migrate/merge Google contacts into MS contacts from 'people.live.com'.
Goto people.live.com. Click on import contacts (there will be option to connect but ignore it). You will then get options to import from Outlook, Google, Yahoo or Live mail. Click on Google and follow instructions.

But, because of facebook privacy policies, you cannot merge them into MS contacts.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This is the peoblem with the people hub on outlook.com, it doesn't import the contacts, rather it syncs with the provider (google..etc) if you delete google for example it deletes google contacts.

What you need to do is export google contacts into a database file (excel) then manually import it into outlook.com.

If you make any changes to your google account it will not sync to outlook this way, it is a one time import than just update all your contacts with outlook.com

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb