Cannot delete music from phone [Solved]

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
The best way to describe this problem is to say what I did to cause it:

- I put music on the phone that I knew I wanted only temporarily, intending to delete it later
- I deleted said music using Microsoft's own Files file manager app in order to get rid of it
- Now the deleted music still shows up in Xbox Music but can't be played because the files don't exist
- Desktop Windows shows some leftover files exist that are causing that problem, but won't let me delete them (see pic)

kill me.png

Surprise surprise, another brand new way Xbox Music is a failure. Any ideas on how to fix this? So far I have tried:

- Uninstalling the app: there is no way to do this because it's a system app
- Clearing the cache: there is no way to do this because Windows Phone / Xbox Music doesn't have a function for it
- Deleting the leftover files: there is no way to do this on the phone or on my desktop

Please do not tell me to factory reset my phone because one app is a piece of **** (lol censors). I would appreciate any ideas.

SOLUTION:
I've found a partial solution for this and I'll leave the thread intact in case anyone else needs a solution.
I went into the app and delete each song, one by oned, until they were all gone. A horrible solution that doesn't clear all of the data (recent plays is intact unfortunately) but solves 90% of the problem. God this app is a clustercensor.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6