Calendar app

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So, the calendar app has gone through a facelift, but I still find it bit awkward when creating new appointment. I mean for example the time setup for event is a hassle. Tried Chronos calendar and there it is fast, intuitive and easy to create new event for specific time, which lasts certain time.
When I came to WP in first place, my aim was to go as far as I can go with built in apps. Tho now I'm not sure can I withstand the shortcomings of the new WP calendar...
How's everyone else here experienced the new calendar app?

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Live tile

The new calendar has been pretty good for me until this week, I discovered a major problem. The live tile does not update immediately. It's still showing yesterday's date and appointments!

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Live tile

The new calendar has been pretty good for me until this week, I discovered a major problem. The live tile does not update immediately. It's still showing yesterday's date and appointments!
I had that same darn problem (multiple times). Last I had it was yesterday. Not sure if this was the root cause, but I realized that a few minutes before noticing this problem, I had turned notifications for the ABC News app and had enabled it to run in the background (for headlines on its live tile). Now I'm not sure if this caused the calendar to malfunction or if it was just sheer coincidence, but as soon as I disabled notifications for this app and disabled it from running in the background, the problem was fixed. Note that I had tried several other things before doing this (opening and refreshing the calendar app, unpinning and re-pinning it's tile, restarting the phone), none of which helped.
Did you recently install any app that runs in the background and/or has notifications enabled? I'd try disabling those.

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I actually didn't have to do anything. It was a one-time issue which only occurred on that day. No disabling or restarting was required, the tile fixed itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven