Something that's been on my mind...

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Something has been crossing my mind recently, and that is to do with the Lumia firmware updates (Amber, Black, Cyan).

I have just noticed that CV (country variant) updates take an awful lot longer than when carriers release the updates!
For example, someone I know has a Lumia 520 (CV GBIE). The Cyan update has been released for Lumia 520 O2UK but not for the country variant model.

I don't see why the case is that we have to wait? The country variant models should not be under as carrier locked, and should be able to download straight away from Nokia servers, therefore not waiting for carriers.

This has only just crossed my mind and left me thinking
What do you think?

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Something has been crossing my mind recently, and that is to do with the Lumia firmware updates (Amber, Black, Cyan).

I have just noticed that CV (country variant) updates take an awful lot longer than when carriers release the updates!
For example, someone I know has a Lumia 520 (CV GBIE). The Cyan update has been released for Lumia 520 O2UK but not for the country variant model.

I don't see why the case is that we have to wait? The country variant models should not be under as carrier locked, and should be able to download straight away from Nokia servers, therefore not waiting for carriers.

This has only just crossed my mind and left me thinking
What do you think?

NOT TRUE. Lumia 1520 is not available on any carrier here in Toronto, Canada but I got the OTA update already 3 weeks ago with no issues. I got the RM-937 HK country variant. I was actually expecting that I would be the last one to get the update sometime later this year as no carrier here is selling the 1520. I guess I just got lucky. Either that or you just got the wrong device. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss