IE has a lag too!

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
After updating to 8.1.1 the overall performance seems much better. I seem to have issues with IE which apparently had more repairs and improvements done to it that than the over all phone. The pages open but scrolling has a lag more often than not. Mainly with youtube there is problem and had caused this http://forums.windowscentral.com/update-1-windows-phone-8-1-gdr1/303677-funny-thing-happened-my-1020-anyone-else-had-something-similar-have-solution.html It has closed on me midway thru browsing like a million times (luckily I wasnt e-banking). Mostly I think issues seems to crop up when you zoom in or out and go Landscape mode.

Is there a fix to it like some settings or anything like that or is it just a case of waiting for MS to bugfix?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Was there a YouTube video on the websites? I have noticed when I don't go full screen with a YouTube video and play it just on the webpage my phone will sometimes randomly reboot.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
sry for the late reply. Nothing like that in particular. It wasnt a dedicated utube app it was either a link or direct from IE browsing.

peterkrisztianszabo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Does update 1 also have the last tab closing lag like cyan (description below)? Or is it fixed?

IE 11 seems to lag/stutter if it has to close the last open tab. It used to smooth on wp8, but now the shrink-away animation stops halfway....1 second lag...and page-flips in the blank new tab. It doesn't even matter if the tabs are empty and IE is the only running app, it still stops.

Here is what I'm talking about:
XXX.youtube.com/watch?v=p5YRDcC44Bg (sorry, forum engine wont let newbies link stuff, so replace the XXX)

Anyone else seeing this? Phone is a lumia 520, it was hr-update-hr-reinstall all apps so it's clean.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Does update 1 also have the last tab closing lag like cyan (description below)? Or is it fixed?

IE 11 seems to lag/stutter if it has to close the last open tab. It used to smooth on wp8, but now the shrink-away animation stops halfway....1 second lag...and page-flips in the blank new tab. It doesn't even matter if the tabs are empty and IE is the only running app, it still stops.

Here is what I'm talking about:
XXX.youtube.com/watch?v=p5YRDcC44Bg (sorry, forum engine wont let newbies link stuff, so replace the XXX)

Anyone else seeing this? Phone is a lumia 520, it was hr-update-hr-reinstall all apps so it's clean.

Yeah. This bug still there...

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Your issue with the last tab persists, personally I dont think it would be classed under performance issue. It just looks like a part of the graphics as you exit the last tab, It is almost as if it is waiting to clear temp files or data or something like that.

peterkrisztianszabo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
The funny thing about this temp file dumping theory is that it happens with a rebooted phone with ie running alone with 2 empty! tabs. So there is nothing to flush. Also: I just found a post here at wpc that describes this very same thing....posted in April! Nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss