928 sluggish after last update, other problems

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The latest Preview update was a MAJOR step backwards for my 928. The phone is extremely slow now. It takes over twice as long to perform pretty much any operation than the last build. Battery life has also taken a serious hit. The phone can use 50 % in 2 hours with NO talk time. The phone is also now getting much hotter. Last, several issues that were fixed in previous updates have returned such as the phone is once again auto playing random music on my phone EVERY time it pairs to my Ford Sync (2011 f250) even if I dont have the sync on media playback. This is annoying and also runs down battery life. Every time I turn the car on I now have to hit stop the music or it just plays til I do (will even switch to speaker and play when car is turned off).

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
You don't say how long its been since the upgrade. Could be it needs more time to settle in. Lots of stuff goes on behind the scenes for awhile. If it doesn't get better and if I were In your shoes I would then hard reset the phone and not reinstall any backup. See if that helps and it may not be instant results, give it some time to readjust everything. Then if all is ok you can start reinstalling apps one by one. Seeing if each is going to be a problem or not. Give each app install a chance to settle and time to check if it is a problem. Slow process I know. Or throw the phone out after first smashing with a hammer. But not much else to try. A hard reset is always a good last resort.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999