Weird screen issues

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
I've had a really weird problem with my screen from time to time, this time though I decided enough is enough. So what happens is that I'll come to unlock my phone, and the screen goes haywire. Scrolling is a pain, tapping is a pain, even typing gets ridiculous(just typing this, I've had to tap letters twice to get it, and sometimes letters will just pop up out of anywhere.

I know about the 1520's sensitivity issues, but I don't think this is the same. Running 8.1 preview on 820.

Any help? Tried restarting, squeezing the screen, anything I can think of.

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
There's a slight "gap" I guess between the 820's digitizer layers that clicks when you apply force to the screen. Obviously I haven't done that excessively. Also, I've tried squeezing via the top and bottom of the phone, as suggested may fix the 1520's problem

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I only had the same problem before when I used my phone with a wet hand, not really that wet. It's like the phone is receiving my tap actions on the wrong sides of the screen.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
I've had a really weird problem with my screen from time to time, this time though I decided enough is enough. So what happens is that I'll come to unlock my phone, and the screen goes haywire. Scrolling is a pain, tapping is a pain, even typing gets ridiculous(just typing this, I've had to tap letters twice to get it, and sometimes letters will just pop up out of anywhere.

I know about the 1520's sensitivity issues, but I don't think this is the same. Running 8.1 preview on 820.

Any help? Tried restarting, squeezing the screen, anything I can think of.

Would you also consider it as "screen lagging"?

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
@se7en20: Similar to my problem, although my hand is not wet. I would def say it's a little laggy. It really comes and goes- from my first post a few mins ago it's nearly gone back to normal. But then it just appears from nowhere again

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I just posted the same problem with my 1320 but I didn't get any response. It the exact problem you have. I have cyan installed since a few weeks ago but this only just started happening the past day. It gets laggy when I have this problem. A hard reset did nothing. Hopefully someone knows how to fix it. I just lodged a warranty claim with Nokia Australia today

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my 820 also. I guess it is a hardware issue combined with 'Glance' screen software (Before installing 'Glance' I never experienced it & the frequency was higher with 'Glance Background' than with just 'Glance'). It only happens while unlocking the phone. Just lock the phone again and unlock it it should go back to normal.

b3040

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm also on L820 with 8.1.1 and I also experienced this a few times (but not for a long time on 8.1.1 if even a single time on that version) but I'm quite sure I can trace it back to wet hands. Making sure that the screen (and your hand) is dry and locking/unlocking always helped me too...

Though I don't think I can relate it to the Glance Screen...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos