Folders making my start screen laggy

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? I have 15 folders. That May be a lot but it really helps in my work flow. Except the screen scrolling is laggy. Sometimes to the point I want to get rid of the folders completely.
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Fifteen folders, and how many tiles do you keep in them each? Why don't you post your entire Start Screen? We'll see what we can do about it.

Generally, the fewer active live tiles, the less workload on the processor. Why don't you try unpinning or disabling some?

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
i had very slight lag without folders..

then after the folders update, i added like 8 folders.. filled them. and things got ugly really fast.. was so laggy

removed all but 3 folders, they dont have alot of content,.. and things are back to normal..

lumia 1020...

Julzilla

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, noticed that also on the first day of having the update 1. I really liked the live folders and made at least 6 of them, filled each one with 6 apps or more and then the lag... The sluggishness is when returning to the start screen after closing an app using the back button. Now I only have two folders and still notice lag sometimes. You can try minimizing the number of apps running in the background, it may also help.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I think the last phone update made this better. No more lag.

I did also bring down the folder count to 8.
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I have 17 live folders on my 920, no more lag than it ever had, even fresh out of the box on 8.0. Best trick with live folders: Any non-live tiles in any folder should be set to the small size so they don't cycle in the folder, reducing the load. Also, small tile live folders don't cycle at all, so no load from them. And finally, if there's nothing on a live tile that you care about seeing, either shut off the updates or make it a small tile, whether it's in a folder or not. I'll grant that my start screen isn't a thing of great beauty (I don't bother with a background image, either), but it's fast and functional, and everything I use is at my fingertips. As a computer programmer for 3 decades and an engineer before that, that's what I care about.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I have 17 live folders on my 920, no more lag than it ever had, even fresh out of the box on 8.0. Best trick with live folders: Any non-live tiles in any folder should be set to the small size so they don't cycle in the folder, reducing the load. Also, small tile live folders don't cycle at all, so no load from them. And finally, if there's nothing on a live tile that you care about seeing, either shut off the updates or make it a small tile, whether it's in a folder or not. I'll grant that my start screen isn't a thing of great beauty (I don't bother with a background image, either), but it's fast and functional, and everything I use is at my fingertips. As a computer programmer for 3 decades and an engineer before that, that's what I care about.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786