Has Microsoft forgotten about resuming Cyan update for those on Developer Preview?

eddieolong

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was so fed up with WP that I bought a Galaxy S4 when my 920 proved to be wildly unreliable on 8.0. The 8.1 preview brought me back. I mean, night and day difference. Hell, I even bought a 1520 and sold the Samsung. It would be nice to upgrade to Cyan. I have a Macbook or I would downgrade and get it.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I myself have a 1020 which can not connect to the PC since the DP update. I have posted threads in hope of resolving this issue, but after many unsuccessful trials I came to the conclusion that this must be a driver issue for certain devices, and can only be fixed by proper drivers brought by the Cyan update.

Can you link me to the topics you have posted about this, so I can have a look on everything that you have going on? I doubt very much it is a driver issue on your phone's side. Even though your topic is on point, maybe solving this could help you personally to move on.

kumar_rajan5000

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There is certain that Microsoft is working on the issue as they have resolved the issue for developers devices. So we have to wait till Microsoft resolve the issue. This is also good Microsoft that they must resolve this issue so that they do not get this type of problems in future.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Can you link me to the topics you have posted about this, so I can have a look on everything that you have going on? I doubt very much it is a driver issue on your phone's side. Even though your topic is on point, maybe solving this could help you personally to move on.
This is the principal thread I have posted on the USB problem:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/299604-no-way-downgrade-wp8-1-dp-wp8.html

Also, here is an older thread i posted when i thought that the problem lay in my laptop:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/291537-windows-phone-8-1-usb-drivers.html

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There is certain that Microsoft is working on the issue as they have resolved the issue for developers devices. So we have to wait till Microsoft resolve the issue. This is also good Microsoft that they must resolve this issue so that they do not get this type of problems in future.

I am not sure if the developer devices suffered from this issue. Can you please give me a link to an article that says so?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Can't see how it's a horrible thing at all. Customers can download it when they want

The can indeed - it's just the handful that can't/won't accept said disclaimers that are ******** and moaning about everything, and wanting everything done *now*, and harassing people on Tw*tter to get their own way.

The ones that actually know what they're getting themselves in for won't even bat an eyelid, and accept things (no matter how frustrating) as they come.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The fact that you are still waiting proves that this HAS NOT gotten enough attention. We need to bring this up to light so that Microsoft may at least notice this issue.

The more time they spend reading through stuff like this, the less they spend on actually solving the problem.. "Do the math", as it were...

SARJINDER KAUR

May 10, 2014
Visit site
yes, agree we should still get the final update, cyan for those on developer preview. I have to charge my phone 2-3 times in a 24hout period and I'm not a heavy user. The battery has only been draining since the 8.1 update. Also, since I cannot backup my phone (since 8.1 update), I cannot downgrade or I will lose my game progress and some free apps that ate now not free. I use Lumia 1020.

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have said enough and now I don't intend to speak further,they have created a world class product and they want to shove it,what is Satya nadella thinking of cloud computing boss what is the percentage of users on WP using it if this is kind of behaviour and I am seriously thinking they are trying to burry the wp and just provide services thats all like bbm

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
are you crying so passionate about everything? Next time don't enrol into preview/alpha/beta programs and enjoy your devices like the other people in the market. you can still reset your device and go along the way it is intended to be for the average user.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I am dying to find out all the improvements Cyan promises to bring but although very tempted I have not joined the Developer Preview as I was fully aware of the hassles this would cause once the official update would be realeased.
My previous phone was a N9 and for that phone there was a minimal number of official apps available so experimenting was a must to make the most of it.
Countless times the phone went into a reboot loop, but I knew the risks involved in making the N9 a truly exceptional smartphone.
So I have learned my lesson and am now waiting for the official release as I'm ok with 8.0 and am not prepared to go through endless downgrades, a bricked or hanging phone.
I think everyone who went on the Developer Preview could have been aware of the risks involved.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The fact that you are still waiting proves that this HAS NOT gotten enough attention. We need to bring this up to light so that Microsoft may at least notice this issue.

I was referring to the developer preview. What's this thread about? "We've been using the dp, 8.1, Cortana... for the last 6 months, now we have to downgrade to wp8 to upload the 8.1 update, Microsoft has forgotten us", Whaaa.
OP even went so far as to state he feels like he's been screwed over by Microsoft. You've gotta be kidding me!

EzMonger

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I saw Joe Belfiore reply to someone's tweet about this, basically he told them that Lumia Cyan was a "Hardware" Update... I think Joe is more focused on Software Updates like WP 8.1 Update 1... etc. Not the actual Hardware updates.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
Yes, in fact, they've probably forgotten about WP all together and wandered off into a conference room to play Halo.

But seriously, it's posts like this that make me wish MS had raised the requirements to install the DP a little bit higher.

Last edited:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Agree that this needs to be addressed by Microsoft. We are their biggest promoters. We should be given the courtesy of information even if "we have no information" is all they say.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720