Has Microsoft forgotten about resuming Cyan update for those on Developer Preview?

Chicopower

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm personally a software developer for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
I decided to go for Developer Preview to test the newest updates As Soon As Possible to be sure that my application will be 100% OK with the new updates.

The fact that I cant receive the last "Cyan" update at this moment AND that public customer already received it is NOT what I expect about this program..
Men.. YES it's a big problem and NO I will not say "oh yeah Microsoft, continue.. its a good move!"

Wake up Microsoft please. :eck:

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm personally a software developer for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
I decided to go for Developer Preview to test the newest updates As Soon As Possible to be sure that my application will be 100% OK with the new updates.

The fact that I cant receive the last "Cyan" update at this moment AND that public customer already received it is NOT what I expect about this program..
Men.. YES it's a big problem and NO I will not say "oh yeah Microsoft, continue.. its a good move!"

Wake up Microsoft please. :eck:
If I were a dev, I honestly wouldn't touch Windows Phone. Microsoft isn't showing enough interest for me to invest my time and money.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
What "right" are you talking about? Who decides that, you? The Preview for Developers is commercial software. You can ***** about a regular release as much as you like you still have no special privilege to demand a fix compared to the DP.

It's not an alpha/beta or anything, but I would disagree with your statement on it being commercial software. Yes, between the official WP8.1 that ships on the 635 and the Developer Preview version, there may not be much of a difference, but the DP IS NOT commercial software. The difference between it and the stuff MS ship on new phones is that some major bugs/issues are resolved in the commercial version (not all, but important bugs, say maybe that issue where computers won't pick up a plugged in phone on the DP).

In reply to the thread, although I am a little bummed that they haven't given us any indication of a release window for the fix/any indication of progress I guess we all signed up to the DP and like some other people have said, we all agreed to accept any bugs/issues with the software.

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
After carefully decoding Joe Belfiore's tweets answering questions about this, I have come to a firm conclusion that he doesn't have a slightest clue that this hold on Cyan update for DP builds even exists.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
After carefully decoding Joe Belfiore's tweets answering questions about this, I have come to a firm conclusion that he doesn't have a slightest clue that this hold on Cyan update for DP builds even exists.
Please do embed the tweets and your explanations :)
I would like to know your point of view and analysis of them.

anon(8122517)

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I got a mail an hour ago from Microsoft devices news about releasing of Lumia cyan update currently I am on dp8.1 update 1 on Lumia 1320. Does They resume or they will resume the cyan update for dp users in couple of days???
My device is showing up to date.

Neelim Shyam

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I got a mail an hour ago from Microsoft devices news about releasing of Lumia cyan update currently I am on dp8.1 update 1 on Lumia 1320. Does They resume or they will resume the cyan update for dp users in couple of days???
My device is showing up to date.

Bro, I too received the mail. I think it is for the non dp users.

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Please do embed the tweets and your explanations :)
I would like to know your point of view and analysis of them.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I do see your point. But this doesn't mean that he doesn't know about this.
Of course he is being obscure regarding this issue, but i guess this is so because any statement by him quickly turns into news for every Windows Phone website.

lowrider2107

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Something is happening!!! There is an update available for my non- bitlocker 8.1 update 1 developer preview Lumia 920. I do hope it's Cyan... Will update my post asap...
Edit: Still black, not cyan... Forget it...

Last edited:

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
i've participated in a fair share of betas/previews including xbox nxe and the kinect hardware beta, so i knew exactly what to expect when i joined the DP.

I agree with the OP. The lack of communication is what i don't understand. Being kept in the dark just doesn't make for a good impression.

I've tweeted joe belfiore as well, this time specifying the block on getting cyan due to the bitlocker issue. Waiting to see how he responds...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire