Has Microsoft forgotten about resuming Cyan update for those on Developer Preview?

jackypaper

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I just plowed through this entire thread. Wow. Is this an accurate summary of events?

1. Devices running the 8.1 Developer Preview either can or cannot get the Cyan update, depending on the model of that device and their wireless carrier.

2. All 8.1 DP devices can get the Cyan update, but only by performing a phone-resetting workaround.

3. Microsoft has said that a fix is coming so that all 8.1 DP devices can get the update, but right now those efforts seem to have stalled.

Is that correct?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I knew several people that have gotten cyan with having the dev preview, it's happening, somewhat slowly though it seems.

AT&T released the updates ,Aug 26, that are specifically aimed at the 1520 and 1020 running preview for developers. At the same time the Lumia 920 on T-Mobile Germany was included to update phones running DP.
AT&T had previously released updates for the 1520 and 1020 but phones running DP could not update.
These are the only ones I know of that have been updated while running the DP.

Be specific when you say phones were updated running DP, what phone and what carrier.

c0br4

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm also waiting for this update. I'm having a German Lumia 920 country variant. The cream cyan update got live a few weeks ago, but it is not available for me since I'm on DP. Not sure about German Lumia 920s from Telekom though.

harryaro7

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Rather than waiting I finally downloaded cyan using NSU...no need to downgrade to 8.0...once cyan is there restore all apps..this is the only step that takes time..after that u can have pfd and get the further update as we all are having...

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Due to the bit locker issue on* some* phones, every one with a DP throughout the world has been barred from the cyan update. Not fair!
Not fair is what I'd say after a delay of a week. But this is BS. I'm selling my vintage 1320 and I'm crawing back to Apple begging to take my money and give the iPhone. The grown up phone.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Not fair is what I'd say after a delay of a week. But this is BS. I'm selling my vintage 1320 and I'm crawing back to Apple begging to take my money and give the iPhone. The grown up phone.

So.... you signed up for a "developer PREVIEW" which gives you UNRELEASED software for your phone, and are mad because they are still working on a problem that cropped up...... hmm... not sure what else to say here, except that you should have stuck with the normal upgrade path then and avoided the developer PREVIEW program.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Did you mention the phone that brings "Innovative" features after 2 years that other ecosystem already have in their 2012 models? The "grown up" phone. LOL

Rex Endozo

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I am on Cyan now without downgrading. Here's what I did:

1. Download Nokia Software Recovery Tool
2. Open it and Connected my phone
3. A message pops out "A Software update is available"
4. I pressed Update
5. Confirms it and warns me that my personal data will be lost and advised me to backup my data.
6. Removed SD card from my phone to avoid file loss and backed up my settings/contacts
7. I continued the update and downloads 1.5 gb
8. Asks for confirmation to install the update.
9. Pressed install then phone restarted, Nokia symbol flashing colors and a progress bar pops out
10. Disconnected phone from PC after it's done
11. Sets Wi-Fi, language, time, and my Microsoft account.
12. Lumia Cyan now installed.

Note: This will remove you from the dev preview channel and if you were running 8.1 update 1, this will downgrade your phone to 8.1 but with cyan and can be easily reverted by following what I did below:

13. Goes to store and downloads preview for developers
14. Installed 8.1 update 1 for about 15 mins
15. Restores previous settings
16. Inserted my SD card and see all apps & games installed

Windows 8.1 Update 1 now installed with CYAN firmware :))

Can't post photos though, sent from my phone. Good luck! 😊

Last edited:

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that we're unsure if we'll also get Denim if we have Cyan + Update 1 dev preview. What if Microsoft is not yet done fixing the problem? That's the reason why I'll just wait for Denim and maybe install it using NSRT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss