Has Microsoft forgotten about resuming Cyan update for those on Developer Preview?

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Uhg,,, seriously? WOW.////

It is already well reported and confirmed by Joe Blefiore himself that there is NO BLOCK ON CYAN FOR DEV PREVIEW USERS
All you have to do is go read Joe's Twitter feed.

If you are not getting the update, Talk to your CARRIER.
If it is supposed to be available, and you are not getting it
Then yes, you may have to downgrade and check, but that is not because it is being blocked
That would be because there is an issue on your particular phone.

Some times, some things with computers just don't work the way they are supposed to.
If they did, we wouldn't need Technicians, welcome to the world of technology.

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm on Dev Preview on my 1520 which isn't carrier locked, but it keeps telling me my phone is up-to-date.

​I just wish they'd give us more transparency on why the hold-up.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Uhg,,, seriously? WOW.////

It is already well reported and confirmed by Joe Blefiore himself that there is NO BLOCK ON CYAN FOR DEV PREVIEW USERS
All you have to do is go read Joe's Twitter feed.

If you are not getting the update, Talk to your CARRIER.
If it is supposed to be available, and you are not getting it
Then yes, you may have to downgrade and check, but that is not because it is being blocked
That would be because there is an issue on your particular phone.

Some times, some things with computers just don't work the way they are supposed to.
If they did, we wouldn't need Technicians, welcome to the world of technology.

The update has been released by AT&T for the 920.
There are no AT&T 920's running the developers preview that can get the update.
The CV phones were one of the first to get the update. CV phones running the developers preview still can not be updated.

If that is what Joe Belfiore thinks we are all in trouble.

wpcentral news for the update on the AT&T 920, Sept 4, read the last paragraph of the article.
AT&T Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 now getting the Lumia Cyan update | Windows Phone Central

Toby Barrett

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Got tired of waiting so have taken the step of flashing the phone.

As others have pointed out, Nokia Recovery Tool will put Cyan on your device (at least on a 1020 in the UK): no need to go back to 8.0. The process is fairly quick and simple. Make sure everything is backed up and go from there. The longest part was waiting for all my apps to download. Oh, and my Start screen wasn't restored properly - I had a couple of folders from 8.1 DP on there so that might have caused it.

So far, better battery life on Cyan. Think I'll keep away from the DP for now.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the NSRT will put Cyan on your phone but at what cost? You lose all game and app data. I
have several apps that I do not want to lose data on. I have had my 920 for 22 months and it has never been reset and I will not start now.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So is there even a chance of this happening? Any sign at all of it appearing one week, on month, one year from now, if at all?
I can't believe that being such a specific issue, this is not fixed already.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So is there even a chance of this happening? Any sign at all of it appearing one week, on month, one year from now, if at all?
I can't believe that being such a specific issue, this is not fixed already.

This is where WPcentral should be finding out for us. There is no mention of this glaring problem, no mention of the users that are effected.
They are very quick with information about update releases but no information for those that can not update.
So, where is the news, any news on the topic"

Tweets

joebelfiore 9:04 AM - 27 Aug 2014
‏@joebelfiore On bitlocker issue: some people are reporting that the latest DP release still has bitlocker issue with Cyan. We think that's
incorrect...

Article at Softpdeia
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Confirms-Windows-Phone-BitLocker-Issue-Has-Been-Fixed-Some-Users-Still-Affected-456714.shtml

Somebody wake up. Microsoft thinks the problem is fixed.
It is not fixed.

Last edited:

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Mike Mongeau replied on September 22, 2014See post history Close

Microsoft Forum Moderator

Reply In reply to TusharBhatnagar's post on September 21, 2014

Hey everyone, as an extension to Eli's previous posts, I want to continue shedding any additional clarity on the situation that I can. We do listen, and we do care.

So, first things first: today we're releasing the Lumia Cyan update for another chunk of Preview for Developer devices. We'll be closely monitoring the success of this update on those phones. So, let us know if you are offered the update and if you have any issues!

If all goes well, expect broader communication for the availability of even more phones (lots more!) over the next few days. Thanks for holding tight folks -- we're almost there

Link : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-4218-807d-59490bd054c3?linkId=9698422&page=7

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just checked now for Lumia 1020 running 8.1 DP GDR1 in the Philippines, but it says that my phone is still up to date. Nonetheless, I've consistently received updates shortly after 5:30PM GMT+8 before, so I guess I'll just have to wait for at least 15 more hours before checking back and hope that the update becomes available here.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm....I utilized the NSRT tool to downgrade my AT&T Lumia 920 then flashed to AT&T 8.1 Cyan firmware-then re-installed the Developer preview 8.1.1 OS...Performing a 'complete new install' when hard resetting has given me good performance.. Albeit loading up all apps/setting's again took up time.
I feel for those of our collective membership, who have had issues of various kinds attempting to do this though.. Hope that the above mentioned news comes through..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb