Has Microsoft forgotten about resuming Cyan update for those on Developer Preview?

Haineko79

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Some update is downloading, preparing, and stops with error "downloaded but couldn't be opened" :angry: 1520 DP, Russia. Tried many times, no result, error 80188309, lol.

Romberry

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Cyan rolled out for my Lumia 820 running Developer Preview today, 10/6/2014, followed immediately by another update that's installing now. Gotta say I am pretty happy to be getting this kind of support for a handset that's already considered old.

Kardinaal

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Received an update on my Lumia 1520 today, it's currently running 8.10.14176.243, Developer Preview and still on Black, not Cyan. I'm on T-Mobile Netherlands, the phone manufacturer name states it's from Belgium.

Sadly i got the 80188309 error and it does not install. I was hoping this would be the Cyan update.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Finally received Cyan update for my L620 CV GB PfD 8.1.1.1. The update went super smoothly and was quickly followed by a re-update of PfD. Can't see any hardware type improvements like better battery life yet but WiFi reception is still just as poor as before (was good with WP8.0 by the way). Also Backup still fails at 96% (yes I have tried all the suggested 'fixes'). Roll on WP10.

Just found some Cyan features seem to be missing from this Cyan update! Audio Enhancement for speakers improvement for example is missing on my PfD Cyan while partners L620 8.1 Cyan has them. Hey ho, no wonder 'upgrade' went smoothly - not really upgraded everything at all. Looks like I'll have to find a Win 7+ PC and use NSRT to re-flash after all - very disappointing MSFT.

Oh dear it's 'egg-on-face' time! I was wrong about my wifes standard L620 8.0 upgrade to Cyan 8.1 having more features than my L620 PfD 8.1 upgrade to Cyan. The only difference I can actually see is a Bing search on her phone for USB (on Phone) does reveal the hidden USB settings. Same search on my phone does not reveal them. Don't know why I thought Audio Enhancements etc. where there - must have been dreaming I guess.

Last edited:

Thomas_V

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one who isn't still running Cyan? :) Well, actually, my phone says I have Cyan, but i never had an update since April (NL 720). So I think it is a bug. Can I check it somewhere? If I don't get Cyan at the end of 2014, I think I am going to use Nokia Recovery Tool...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who isn't still running Cyan? :) Well, actually, my phone says I have Cyan, but i never had an update since April (NL 720). So I think it is a bug. Can I check it somewhere? If I don't get Cyan at the end of 2014, I think I am going to use Nokia Recovery Tool...

You may check your Firmware revision number in Settings > about > more info, and then compare that with the "Latest Version" in this page of the new Microsoft website with the respective region, country, phone model and variant.

ShockmanBrown

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I installed the Preview, but I was hopping to use the Fitbit Flex with it. Apperentlly the the fitbit app requires Cyan to sync with the flex, but the app is only on 8.1. Soooo I can't do anything with it until the Cyan drops, with 8.1.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Preview, but I was hopping to use the Fitbit Flex with it. Apperentlly the the fitbit app requires Cyan to sync with the flex, but the app is only on 8.1. Soooo I can't do anything with it until the Cyan drops, with 8.1.

I'm in the same boat, it's pretty irritating. At least we can use the PC dongle to sync it, and the FitBit app still works on the phone if you put the 8.1 Preview on, it just doesn't sync to it.

Kardinaal

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to update my phone every day since I first got the cyan update message over two weeks ago. It never worked, 80188309 message every time. I was building up courage to use the Nokia reset tool and was to about to go through with it...untill last night, when I read there were some critical updates from Microsoft, that I tried updating again. It worked. I got Cyan and right after that I got 5-10 other updates(in one go). So my 1520 appears to be fully up-to-date again (woooo!).

Now if only I could get this issue with an app not showing up in the list(or games hub) resolved as described in the topic with the title: "Apps missing from app list, store says it's installed"

(I can't post links)

Thomas_V

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
gpobernardo,
I just did this and my firmware revision number refers to a Nokia Lumia 720, from Germany, on O2, Cyan still under testing. It's true I have a Nokia Lumia 720, but... I live in Belgium, not in Germany. And my phone is Country Variant, not on O2... What is happening to my phone? Can I fix this? So the last update I did was the 8.1 Developers Preview, So I'm still running Black I guess.. Can someone help me? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium