Onedrive Photos

Vortigern78

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
hey!
I'm trying to work out if this is a bug or a new "feature" as it's happening on both my Lumia 920 and 1020.

Previously when going to the photos hub it would show pictures automatically uploaded to Onedrive and the ones stored on my phone in one, which was great - I could delete them off the phone to save space and just bring them up as if they were still there (as long as I had internet) - meant no bother when swapping phones too.

Now from what I can tell, they have decided to purposely break that for 8.1?

So if I click the OneDrive icon, the only way to see my old photos is to click Recent Photos or Camera Roll which presents me with hundreds of unsorted pictures which takes an absolute age to get the icons... most of which it still hasn't after leaving open for a long time.

Is that meant to be how it is? Do I have to go back to sorting out all my photos into separate folders manually?

akike

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I've used automatic upload to OneDrive since WP7 times and all the pictures I've taken during the last couple of years have gone to the same Camera Roll folder on OneDrive. I think I had 4000+ pictures there and the OneDrive app just could not handle it. I ended up making separate folder under the "Camera Roll" folder for previous years to get them organized a bit. Now There is only 1500+ photos in the Camera Roll folder and the OneDrive app is no longer loading forever.

I just mounted the OneDrive to my PC and transferred the pictures to subfolders. However, it seems that the files were downloaded to the PC as well. I had to then right click on the folders and select "make available online only" to free space on the PC. Please somebody let me know if there is a way to avoid this extra step and get the files moved on server only :)

I'd really like to see an option to sort uploaded images to folders automatically in the future. And another thing that bugs me in the OneDrive app is that if you open a picture and then go back, the scroll position is lost and the app jumps to the top of the list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos