I see little reason to buy HTC M8 or any other non-Nokia phone

andrew120

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a HTC 8x.
It's a nice phone, I've been liking it a lot.
But I still haven't received 8.1 update. So right now I miss two updates (8.1 and 8.1 Update 1).
Sure, I can do it myself but it won't be the 100% right thing to do.
Because it will lack specific hardware tweaks and drivers.
So I really don't want to do that.
Meanwhile there are different Nokia phones which got it.

Before the HTC 8x, I had a Samsung Focus. It never got the 7.8 update.
I had to do it manually by some hacks.

So why would I ever want to buy a non-Nokia phone?
Makes no sense to me.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I use Windows Phone AND Android. There are some mighty good Androids out there. You do have to be enough of an i.d.i.o.t to use more than one phone and more than one OS, but that comes easily to me.😊

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a HTC 8x.
But I still haven't received 8.1 update. So right now I miss two updates (8.1 and 8.1 Update 1).

Makes no sense to me.

Just FYI there are quite a few Lumia phones that have not received the 8.1 update from carriers yet but are scheduled to including the 521, 822, 925, 928 and Icon.

But, apparently Microsoft found an issue with the HTC 8X + 8.1 and it will likely be the last of the WP phones to receive 8.1 as a fix is being developed and will need to be re-tested.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have no reason to own anything non-lumia right now.
M8 is not impressive at all considering it is a rehash of something we've heard about since earlier this year. Good phone it is, but I support the Manufacturer who supported my favorite OS the best.

had an 8X as my 1st windows phone and it was a good phone but i am so glad i made the switch to Lumia and my various phones...

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
A Nokia was my very first cell phone, so I have a soft spot for the brand. My 822 has been rock solid but I can't wait for the 830's release!

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I will be following the WP M8 with interest. Possibilities of duel booting maybe, who knows what the Devs on XDA can open up.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

jbestman

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC 8x.

Makes no sense to me.
You don't have to.
Last quarter of the over 300M phones only 7M were WP. Of that 7M about 5M were Nokia phones. So, 2M folks bought non-Nokia phones. If just 10 percent of those users each created a post complaining about why they don't want to buy Nokia phones we would all lose our minds.
Just weigh what's important to you and let that drive your decision. As you can see from the numbers I just gave you, no matter how good a phone is, it never gets 100% adoption. There will still be people that won't buy it.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, the choice between the new M8 for Windows and a Lumia device it's up to the user. If you want a better looking phone with almost full metal body you should go for the HTC. If you want a much better camera, Lumia is for you. I've had the M7 long time ago and the 4mpx camera simply does not deliver results. I've had recently an iphone 5S, great phone, great OS, decent camera but I've decided to switch to 930.Once you get used to the Lumia you won't spend much time on another device if you decide to switch.
One thing bothers me though, the continuous focus. It should have been made with a On/Off because now, the hw button won't fully refocus when you press it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven