Preview for Developers Update right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Got the update! Went through smoothly, in spite of downloading slowly.

For those who are having trouble... is it bricking your phone? Or can you do a hard-reset?

Ultrashricco

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
those stuck on spinning cogs with no progress. pls take out your memory card and try again.

Thanks, it worked for me. I have 2 Lumia 620 phones. One of them updated smoothly but the other one got stuck on spinning gears for more than one hour with no visible progress. I tried soft reset, taking out the battery, etc., nothing worked.

I managed to proceed with the update by removing the micro-SD card ! I don't understand how this can be related tough.

Thanks anyway !

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Nokia 520...

Long download about 25 minutes to update 21 migration steps phone was HOT while updating had to re-install apps...still on Black not Cyan after update (ATT)

swandog21

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
From download to final (re)installation of apps took 40 minutes. Not too bad.
Everything is running smoothly, no lag with folders. I only have 4 folder groups currently.
My Lumia 928 reports 14.64 GB free, so I don't know if this played a roll in having a smoother experience than some have reported. It seems that some of the long installs are due to less free space(?).
Still on Lumia Black. No Cyan update, though I didn't expect it either.

I'm not seeing any changes at the moment, but will continue to dig around.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what you are expecting, this is an update to Dev Preview, NOT Lumia Cyan (nor mitigation for the bitlocker issue which stalled the Cyan rollout).

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
No reason to update to this,its not cyan.....and this update doesn't bring anything we need.my phone is running fine....no if they ever offer cyan for DP,I might install it.....no rush though,and its certainly not work down grading to 8.0 just to get cyan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6