Does Bluestacks work on Asus Vivotab Note 8?

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried Bluestacks on the Asus Vivotab Note 8? I am thinking about buying one off of Amazon, but I want to see if Bluestacks will work on it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As its a full PC BlueStacks will definitely work.

The question is however, how well? I tried it on my Dell Venue, and it had some awkward orientation issue, but i don't know whether its relevant to the ASUS model.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...I just really want it to access my Google Play Books account and the Android version of the Kindle app. Do those render well?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I gave it another spin and by the looks of it, it could have some orientation hiccups, but i think ive fixed much of my complaints by fiddling around with it. I think it'll be OK, not amazing, but I guess it should work.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I gave it another spin and by the looks of it, it could have some orientation hiccups, but i think ive fixed much of my complaints by fiddling around with it. I think it'll be OK, not amazing, but I guess it should work.

Thank you, Sir. I am not looking to do any crazy gaming or anything on it, so I am going to buy one and see how it works out.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Play Store renders sideways for me, but otherwise, apps work OK. (after poking with the app size (?) settings)

JJUKJJ

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got some orientation issues running Bluestacks on an Asus Vivotab Note 8. You suggested that you had managed to fix them with some fiddling around. Any chance you can describe your actions as I'm currently getting nowhere... Thanks!

JJUKJJ

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got some orientation issues running Bluestacks on an Asus Vivotab Note 8. You suggested that you had managed to fix them with some fiddling around. Any chance you can describe your actions as I'm currently getting nowhere... Thanks!

Sorry, that was a question for xandros9

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would've been able to tell.

anyways, I noticed it has a fullscreen/not-fullscreen toggle and hitting that can change things up a bit, depends though.

I've since ditched BlueStacks since it asks for payment, either in downloading a bunch of apps or in money.

But I couldn't fix the play store.
I also fiddled with the settings, I think, memory serving, there could have been some orientation settings or something related to screen in the settings.

argh, I literally poked through all the settings when I was playing with it and I can't remember it all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6