I am completely cheesed off with WP and Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Let me just say... WP can't afford to have returns, it will die a slow wiithering death if that happens across the board and we'll be left with a 2 choice market and frankly that isn't a good thing.
If a product doesn't live up to its claims of course it should be returned, WP is no different.

Indeed! There's a motto on the wall near my desk at work with a quote by Bill Gates himself:

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."

Here's the quote.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry you're having an awful experience with it. Of course all the wonderful features you have stated are only on Developer Preview. Cortana UK requires Windows Phone 8.1.1 or Windows Phone 8.1 but every set to the USA. Live Folder is also only on Developer Preview, however Nokia made a Folders application during the Windows 8.0 days, while not the same, it's better than nothing.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Better to be pissed off than pissed on. Being an intelligent consumer, you did do your homework and check to see if the features you need/want were available in your region didn't you? From what I read, none of your gripes are Microsoft's fault.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey ho, no sympathy from me! I'm baffled why trolls come on here giving a reason not to like it.....NO os is perfect, never will be, But I think its cool and fresh and my opinion only matters to me.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
all you need to do is read... read carefully, what wp can or cant do at this moment, spreading your anger on this forum wont help you

newneo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Better to be pissed off than pissed on. Being an intelligent consumer, you did do your homework and check to see if the features you need/want were available in your region didn't you? From what I read, none of your gripes are Microsoft's fault.

Nice passive aggression there fella. Yes I do consider myself 'an intelligent consumer' I jumped back back in (This is my 4th WP device) expecting things to be better and many ways they are. My original post was one of pure frustration, this OS is the one OS that truly excites me IOS and Android are the past BUT MS needs to push it on now it's been around a while now and some of the issues are starting to look like negligence.... The music player for example. I hope that is clearer.

newneo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey stevemind... You lost me at accusing me of being a troll whilst.... Hey, you know. I know no OS is perfect no such thing and do you know what, I agree WP is very cool and very fresh but there are still glaring issues. My tirade (that was bourne out of frustration) wasn't just at the lack of apparent (care) displayed by MS it was also from some lazy as hell developers and those refuseniks that are still not developing for the the OS (I give you BBC me' lud).

​SO I'm sorry I will call out MS as a consumer on some of the things it get's wrong in my very humble opinion.

newneo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
all you need to do is read... read carefully, what wp can or cant do at this moment, spreading your anger on this forum wont help you

'spreading my anger' Oh really, you couldn't read the frustrations from my post without seeing anger? Ok.

I aware that these forums are visited by MS and others so maybe some of what I raise as a concern maybe noted... See what I did there?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice passive aggression there fella. Yes I do consider myself 'an intelligent consumer' I jumped back back in (This is my 4th WP device) expecting things to be better and many ways they are. My original post was one of pure frustration, this OS is the one OS that truly excites me IOS and Android are the past BUT MS needs to push it on now it's been around a while now and some of the issues are starting to look like negligence.... The music player for example. I hope that is clearer.

Passive aggressive? That's a new one, and I've been called a lot of things. Maybe this will be clearer: if you make any purchase without doing some research, don't complain if there are features or benefits missing. It really is that simple. Microsoft can't just wave a magic wand and create an OS to suit everybody. They can, but nobody would be able to afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Passive aggressive? That's a new one, and I've been called a lot of things. Maybe this will be clearer: if you make any purchase without doing some research, don't complain if there are features or benefits missing. It really is that simple. Microsoft can't just wave a magic wand and create an OS to suit everybody. They can, but nobody would be able to afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
Oh really? then what about those false promises and lie shown on the ad? Who is responsible for those?

Efjay D

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
But for Nokia Lumia... Just some dozy woman holding a phone chatting sh?t...that's it..doesn't show what it can do
OH GOD YES! The ad has me desperately reaching for a non-existent shotgun. The Windows OS ad has someone throwing out a whole PC to use it, the Surface ad has some miserable looking git being squashed on the train.

They are ALL awful ads which show nothing of the products or their features. Microsoft just seem to make dreadful adverts, I do not know why but they are all infuriating and ultimately damaging.

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Dear thread opener,
do you know what you did? You bought a Nexus 5 and now you're complaining that Android L isn't pre installed. And that there is no good enough here maps app.

Believe me, I feel for you.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks as though this thread has drawn a lot of fire.

Apologies to the OP for the app problems on Windows phone and your bad experience in general.
It' always best to direct valid complaints to the developers who write the apps.

Best of luck to the OP!

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.