"Resuming" when I unlock my phone

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently started getting that "resuming" message when I unlock my 1020, whether it be double tap, or the power button. It started happening a couple days before that last developer preview update a couple days ago and I thought it would fix it. My friend also said that after the recent update, his Icon does the same, but when he opens his email. Any suggestions?

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Enable Kids Corner, then disable it when you get a notification.

Thank you so much, seems like this solved it pretty well.

Strange that I had long removed it for quite some time now. And when i went to turn on kids corner. It still said I was using a live lock screen... Hmm

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much, seems like this solved it pretty well.

Strange that I had long removed it for quite some time now. And when i went to turn on kids corner. It still said I was using a live lock screen... Hmm

Yeah, there was a story on the main page when the app came out, which have the info. As to why though, no clue, hopefully gets fixed in the next update.

Glad it worked though! :D

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Kids Corner Trick only gave me temporary relief... and then the problem returned... and then temporary relief...

I don't have "The Live Lock Screen App." I have used LockMix, does that count?

I've done soft reset, hard reset, Reflash with Software Recovery and not use LockMix... Still came back.

I also noticed it was only an issue AFTER using stock Music or Video App with media stored on SD card. Do these symptoms line up for anyone else?

My Theory: The stock Music and Video Apps don't let go of the file even after the App closes and the RESUME is a null background process trying to access the file off the SD card for an App that is closed. "Resumes" always came after accessing media from SD.

I've switched to ModernMusic for audio and MoliPlayer for video. While MoliPlayer plays like every audio and video format I can't get it to play under sleep mode... ModernMusic does that.

Just flashed the phone back to stock for the second time (after fiddling uselessly with Kid's Corner with no remedy several times). First use of Music and quit, doomed me to resume screen. After moving off the stock players, I've indulged heavily in music and lightly in vid; turned the phone on; put it to sleep; normal motions; more media; more motions; more sleep/wake... No issues today.

Lord I hope this solves it.

NexEverto

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't have "The Live Lock Screen App." I have used LockMix, does that count?

I've done soft reset, hard reset, Reflash with Software Recovery and not use LockMix... Still came back.

Out of interest, do you have Cortana's live Tile pinned in either Wide or Medium size?

I've never used the The Live Lock Screen App, or anything similar, however I did/do have the 'Resuming..." bug whenever Cortana is pinned to my home screen.

Weirdly, my first NL930 didn't have this issue, but my second (and current) one does.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually I do keep Cortana Tile on wide. I like the Headlines and Info...

​If my issue returns, I'll remove Cortana Tile as a diagnostic.

NexEverto

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Actually I do keep Cortana Tile on wide. I like the Headlines and Info...

​If my issue returns, I'll remove Cortana Tile as a diagnostic.

Hopefully I'm wrong, as I know how useful having a Cortana Tile on Wide/Medium is, but if I'm not, at least it's a place to start looking. :smile:

Somags

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Try to change the option from photo to bing in lockscreen setting. Weird but it solved the issue.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The Cortana live tile issue was a known issue back when it was first introduced in 8.1 DP but I thought Microsoft quickly fixed the issue couple months ago.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully I'm wrong, as I know how useful having a Cortana Tile on Wide/Medium is, but if I'm not, at least it's a place to start looking. :smile:

Still have Cortana front and center on large tile...

I had the same problem. Try to change the option from photo to bing in lockscreen setting. Weird but it solved the issue.

I use Accuweather now that I halted LockMix... Note that halting LockMix didn't keep the "Resuming" problem at bay...

The Cortana live tile issue was a known issue back when it was first introduced in 8.1 DP but I thought Microsoft quickly fixed the issue couple months ago.

About 48 hours and no recurrence. Staying off those stock players is still doing the trick. (I hope.)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So it happened again, twice...

I've now removed Cortana from my start screen. (%^@#) Although I've pinned Reminder Me and can long tap the search button, it just isn't the same.

I'll be trying this workaround (no Cortana on Start) to see what happens.

Also, I'm being extra careful about how I close apps... trying to back out of them to close rather than the card view, swipe off screen method. I now hear that does not halt all background processes depending on how the app is set up. But even using this caution saw the trouble repeat once...

NexEverto

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
So it happened again, twice...

I've now removed Cortana from my start screen. (%^@#) Although I've pinned Reminder Me and can long tap the search button, it just isn't the same.

That sucks. I've just completed a week long test to see if removing Cortana solves the issue (It has). I've now added the tile back on and will see how long it takes for the resuming issue to start up again.

I haven't contacted Nokia about the issue yet, but I will once I get the resuming bug again.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, I've heard setting your background to Bing images fixes the issue. I've always used a photo of my choosing, but I'll be testing that too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss