Update 8.10.14157.200 causing problems on my 1520

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Just need to do a shout-out here on the following issues after the 14157 update...
* My 1520 keeps going into intermittent reboots even after multiple soft resets.
* IE page loading is erratic, laggy & glitchy.
* WiFi goes into endless "searching" mode whenever I return home from outside.
* The previously report "touch" issue has gotten more sensitive.
* Tile refresh/flip does not show pictures on my Chronos Calendar & CNN apps occasionally.
* Screen freeze for an abnormally long few seconds after reboot or unlock sometimes.
Never had these issues so glaringly occurred pre-14157.
Never start a new thread before but these issues are driving me bonkers :angry:
Hope Microsoft see this thread and do something about it.

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a L820 and am having issues after the 14157 update too. It's to do with my proximity sensor because glance isn't working properly and my phone stays black during a phone call.

So annoying, how can I uninstall the "update"? Please not the dreaded NSU...

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've updated my Lumia 1020 to 14157 the moment it was released and I've been noticing nothing but a whole lot of performance improvements.

- When I return to the start screen the animation is noticeably smoother, less lag.
- However, Internet Explorer has been terrible at rendering webpages since Update 1. Example: Desktop version of YouTube no longer loads videos. Desktop version of WebMD can't display webpages with slideshows correctly.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Despite these issues, its still not a paralyzing or dealbreaking experience with my 1520.
It's just after 14157, some issues happen more randomly than usual while others happen anew after the update. Hopefully, the next update will iron out these glitches. Cheers!

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
The "touch" problem is specifically more sensitive when using IE.
For example, a light touch on the screen most time register a double taps.
Pretty weird !!!

nikhilmistri

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Facing glance screen problem after up updating to Nokia cyan. It is not working properly on my Lumia 720. Glance screen shows upward down and appears only for an instant.

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Since 14157 my 1520.2 has been less stable. I have had to reboot it twice today. Well, the second time it rebooted itself. The first time it would stop playing the podcast when the screen went to sleep. Never had that since the early days of 8.0. The second time I was trying to play a podcast and it started stuttering and rebooted by itself.

The common theme is the podcast player. I haven't played music since 14157.

I have never had stability and playback issues on my 1520. The only issue I have is the scroll/touch bug.

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
Since 14157 my 1520.2 has been less stable. I have had to reboot it twice today. Well, the second time it rebooted itself. The first time it would stop playing the podcast when the screen went to sleep. Never had that since the early days of 8.0. The second time I was trying to play a podcast and it started stuttering and rebooted by itself.

The common theme is the podcast player. I haven't played music since 14157.

I have never had stability and playback issues on my 1520. The only issue I have is the scroll/touch bug.

Please use only Commercial OS with correct or required firmware if u are a Normal User. If u are a developer fo for it.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
It's been a day since I created this thread, my 1520 has rebooted on its own about 7 times. Never had this issue pre-14157 update. Bummer!
By the way, I am on DP8.1 with GDR1 & Lumia BLACK.

The Satellite

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my at&t 920. It's probably rebooted 6 times in the past 6 hours. I'm just relieved it's not a hardware issue since I bought it refurbished a couple of weeks ago.

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
It's been a day since I created this thread, my 1520 has rebooted on its own about 7 times. Never had this issue pre-14157 update. Bummer!
By the way, I am on DP8.1 with GDR1 & Lumia BLACK.

Return to WP8 via NSRT and check for update, you will get Cyan. Sometimes you get Cyan Firmware directly via NSRT. Use only commercial OS

daniel_leavitt2000

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I updated my L920 a few days ago while vacationing in Thailand. Since my phone is SIM locked to AT&T, I have been using Wi-Fi only without a SIM card. Battery life seems all over the place, Touch sensitivity on IE is much worse - wants to scroll rather tan tap. Pinch zoom is also harder. I also had to reset the time manually, as it keeps thinking it is the end of July. Cortana lost her voice and won't import speech... Again, I don't know if this is because I don't have a SIM card or if there is something else going on.

Frustrating to say the least.

Last edited:

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I updated my L920 a few days ago while vacationing in Thailand. Since my phone is SIM locked to AT&T, I have been using Wi-Fi only without a SIM card. Battery life seems all over the place, Touch sensitivity on IE is much worse - wants to scroll rather tan tap. Pinch zoom is also harder. I also had to reset the time manually, as it keeps thinking it is the end of July. Cortana lost her voice and won't import speech... Again, I don't know if this is because I don't have a SIM card or if there is something else going on.

Frustrating to say the least.

Regarding the "reset the time manually, as it keeps thinking it is the end of July", I also encountered this twice after doing 2 soft resets.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Return to WP8 via NSRT and check for update, you will get Cyan. Sometimes you get Cyan Firmware directly via NSRT. Use only commercial OS

You have now twice told people they should only use the commercial OS. What is the basis for the statement? I don't see people complaining and spouting irrational gripes. They are simply presenting things that they have found are problematic with the preview version. That constitutes a very legitimate service and is completely consistent with trying preview software. If the problems are bad enough they may need to roll back - something I have had to do. It is, however, of great value for people to know problems exist either to make their on determination about trying the preview or assessing problems they may be having. Telling people though that they should just use the commercial release, as if you are the arbiter of all OS decisions, is neither helpful nor particularly polite.

Jarek Tabor1

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I made the same mistake and installed Developer Program update 14157. Effect - Lumia 1520 is dead. After reboot upon installation it had died. I cannot wake it up in any kind of way. It does not react on any keys push and release. Nokia Software Recovery Tool does not help, phone does not react.
Nokia customer service adviced only to charge phone via usb and trying keys push to wake up. Nada.
That was my risk to use preview... Though - I was sure, I will be able to recover phone with NSRT! Not killing phone for good!
Have any of you any idea, how to at least wake it, so I could recover soft?..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)