Post 8.1, Callers Name and Number appears right across the face

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure most of us have pictures assigned to callers in our phone book. In WP8.0, when someone called me, my L920 would neatly show the name/number BELOW the caller's face.

Now in 8.1, which I finally got yesterday, the name/number is positioned towards the top which means its right across the face :cry:

Not cool.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? I mean, what's your typical reaction when your phone is ringing? Grabbing it from your pocket and staring at the screen until it stops ringing? :p
Even though I prefer having the callers picture showing, I couldn't care less about where his name and number appear.

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Are you on your period?

My typical reaction is to first see WHO's calling. And having his name/number right across his face kinda blunts the effect for me.

If you do not have anything to help, you may move on. Shukran.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you on your period?

My typical reaction is to first see WHO's calling. And having his name/number right across his face kinda blunts the effect for me.

Blah blah blah. Name and phone number occupy only a small part of the picture, so you still immediately see who's calling you anyways.
It's just becoming annoying to see people complain about insignificant details.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Are you on your period?

The human mind recognizes pictures faster than words. As long as you can see the picture 📷, what's the use of reading the caller's name? That entirely kills the purpose of having the picture of your caller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6