Lock Screen with finger swipes ?

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Is there a lock screen where to unlock your phone you have to do a series of finger swipes, otherwise you can't access the phone and tiles as seen on other types of smart phones ?

rstar66

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
If you are refering to a pattern unlock (with or without the dot matrix), then No. Not yet.

Microsoft has just put out the Lockscreen beta but i doubt something like the pattern unlock would be changeable. Most likely it would just be different lockscreens (Eg:some with music controls, some with Fancy clocks) than anything else.

Dont fix whats not broken i guess.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have often wondered why this feature isn't available yet. Our digital lives are already overloaded with endless passwords and pins, so finger swipes would be nice. Plus, Microsoft has already implemented picture passwords for Windows 8/8.1, how hard can it be to implement the same feature on Windows phone?

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I have often wondered why this feature isn't available yet. Our digital lives are already overloaded with endless passwords and pins, so finger swipes would be nice. Plus, Microsoft has already implemented picture passwords for Windows 8/8.1, how hard can it be to implement the same feature on Windows phone?

I saw the option for picture password, thanks for the info !

bryanibuan

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I like the method they used on Win8 tablets where you make a series of straight or/and circular swipes to unlock. May be good for wp8 too esp if you got a large screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon