Recommend a phone...?

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been using a Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T (and have the grandfathered "limitless data" plan, which is great). However, as my battery life decreases and other problems arise, I'm looking to replace the phone. (The battery drains in about half a day now, and yes I've done what I can to minimize things and extend battery life.)

However, I absolutely want to stick with Qi Wireless Charging. I've got plates in a couple of places at my house and one on my desk at the office. I've hard-wired a Nokia Wireless Charger in my car and installed an add-on Bluetooth to the stereo system. (Gotta love jumping in the car, dropping the phone in the cradle, and listening to endless Pandora while driving down the road.)

I'm frustrated that AT&T is pushing away from the Qi standard in later Lumia releases, and that's left me wondering what I should be looking at for an upgrade. Suggestions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The unlocked 1520 is one option, same with the 930, although neither is currently on AT&T officially. But they will work.
Another 920 potentially? (have you hard reset your 920 after any recent updates? it can improve battery life)

the 925 is a sidegrade and I don't really recommend it, although you could look at that.

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, as I said, I really want to stick with wireless charging and continue to use the accessories I purchased. I wonder if any of the AT&T offerings allow for Qi charging? (The AT&T sales folks were seriously uneducated about Windows Phones they carry.)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, as I said, I really want to stick with wireless charging and continue to use the accessories I purchased. I wonder if any of the AT&T offerings allow for Qi charging? (The AT&T sales folks were seriously uneducated about Windows Phones they carry.)

520 or other low end ones - not a chance
925 - optional (needs shell)
920 - yup
1520 - Qi was removed from the AT&T model

Samsung ATIV's don't seem to have it, I know some Galaxies have the option. The HTC One M8 (either flavor) never had it.

I still stand by my 930/1520 recommendation. Although you could wait to see what the 830 and 730 bring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett