Mysterious dots on screen after Cyan update

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've recently updated my 920 to Cyan and have noticed something unexpected.

There is a tiny white arrow randomly appears above the wifi signal indicator and the 3G single indicator.

Photo attached.

Has anyone else noticed this? Can it be turned off?

wp_ss_20140822_0001.png

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Lol ! Mysterious dots :D .. Yeah ! I am also noticing the same after Cyan update in my 520. The arrow indicates that the data transfer is happening or the network is trying to connect.. Any of these two for sure !

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This has been covered by Daniel.
"Data Arrows – Data arrows have been present in the Windows Phone OS for quite some time, but they were a carrier option whether to enable. Our hunch is they are part of Data Sense, and as such, users can now see the little arrows when data is actively being transferred on Wi-Fi or cellular."

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This has been covered by Daniel.
"Data Arrows ? Data arrows have been present in the Windows Phone OS for quite some time, but they were a carrier option whether to enable. Our hunch is they are part of Data Sense, and as such, users can now see the little arrows when data is actively being transferred on Wi-Fi or cellular."

Are you sure it was a carrier thing? I was under the assumption it was a Lumia thing as my 8x doesn't have it but my 520 and 930 do!

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure it was a carrier thing? I was under the assumption it was a Lumia thing as my 8x doesn't have it but my 520 and 930 do!

I'm not sure but maybe it's both. Before Cyan some cariers decided not to show when data was being transferred (maybe in the hope that they could charge you more) but now good guy Data Sense enabled this feature for all Lumia's running Cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon