Apparently you can upgrade to Cyan from Developers Preview without downgrading

pLUSpISTOL

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not up to date on this issue.

Does anyone know if Microsoft are still working on a "fix" for this issue so we can still wait and update later?

-- Or --

There is no "fix" coming and so as mentioned we should backup/update/restore manually?

Thanks!

EDIT: OK just seen another thread, getting a bit tired of waiting so may just manually do it. Bit annoying there's several friends/family members I might have to help out but that is the little downside of using dev beta software I guess.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not up to date on this issue.

Does anyone know if Microsoft are still working on a "fix" for this issue so we can still wait and update later?

-- Or --

There is no "fix" coming and so as mentioned we should backup/update/restore manually?

Thanks!

There has been no word on the fix to date and MS have not said that they are not issuing a fix, you have the option to wait or downgrade via the Recovery Tool or Nokia Care Suite to the latest version that is available for your phone and then upgrading to Cyan via OTA. However if cyan is available then you wll get cyan via the recovery tool / the care suite.

pLUSpISTOL

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
There has been no word on the fix to date and MS have not said that they are not issuing a fix, you have the option to wait or downgrade via the Recovery Tool or Nokia Care Suite to the latest version that is available for your phone and then upgrading to Cyan via OTA. However if cyan is available then you wll get cyan via the recovery tool / the care suite.

That's great thanks. An ETA from Microsoft would really help to be honest.

Fndlumia

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Cyan seems to be a major power drainer as my new 930 gets very hot from ANY use and one of my 920s has an average of 2days since update 1 on dp8.1 my other 920 has just recently been updated to cyan and its battery is now woeful compared to Lumia black.... Hopefully my 930 is sorted soon as I do love this phone especially in all black (returned my green one as its color gets old real fast) does anyone else have battery issues with their 930/icon? My black model 930 never had the purple tint on screen issue but the green one did.

Bhagyesh Shukla

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I did the same for my Lumia 720. It will show you the latest firmware update available for download like the one you got on the screen, I proceeded and downgrade it to black. And then I checked for Windows phone 8.1 update and cyan from the phone settings manually and updated to the latest.
If you feel to downgrade your device, go ahead there's no issues at all.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's great thanks. An ETA from Microsoft would really help to be honest.

Your welcome, I don't think we will get an ETA or even a approximate one as there has been instance when Joe Belfiore posted about approximate ETA of incoming apps / updates etc. People swarmed him on twitter when nothing happened, you can't please everybody and what just irks me is most of the time people just whinge without understanding as there could be various factors involved that could have lead to the delay.

Development takes time, code doesn't get written by magic lol.

tavo83

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
Perhaps you can help me with a doubt.
My experience with 8.1 DP has not been the best. In my case, it has been too buggy (something totally understandable in this scenario). Nevertheless, i would like to know the path to get an stable version?
Here?s the thing. I understand that WP 8.1 is the OS and Cyan is the firmware. But, given that both are already in final releases, when i get Cyan i will also get an "stable" version of WP 8.1? If not, how can i go from WP 8.1 DP to the commercial release version.
P.S.: I not sure if i?m using the proper terminology, but i hope that you got the point

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What's the firmware # by chance?

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded using software recovery tool, straight to Cyan. No going back to 8.0. The only thing I regret losing is my Shazam tags. There was some good music in there :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb