Album art and the latest Xbox Music update

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I know I keep banging on about Xbox Music and it's inept ability to show album art, but the latest update was again meant to make some inroads into this mess. However it's not made things better for me, in fact it has made things 90% worse, possibly even 100%. Now, even albums downloaded from Xbox Music on my phone no longer show the art when playing. The most annoying thing is that it shows the art correctly in the albums list, so the phone can see the art but is just not displaying it.

Anyone else found this? I suspect clearing the phone of albums and uploading them again will resolve the issue but it's not something I should have to do!

djgreedo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The new version doesn't even load for me. Stays on the green/headphones screen for ages, then eventually crashed back to the home screen.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Said it again and again. People have to demand they fire whoever is heading Xbox Music and Video. We want the God damn Zune guy back. Until you get everyone screaming this, it isn't going to happen. Want things better? Reply to this with the exact same demand.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I know I keep banging on about Xbox Music and it's inept ability to show album art, but the latest update was again meant to make some inroads into this mess. However it's not made things better for me, in fact it has made things 90% worse, possibly even 100%. Now, even albums downloaded from Xbox Music on my phone no longer show the art when playing. The most annoying thing is that it shows the art correctly in the albums list, so the phone can see the art but is just not displaying it.

Anyone else found this? I suspect clearing the phone of albums and uploading them again will resolve the issue but it's not something I should have to do!

I've been complaining about lack of Album Art in XBM for so long I almost forgot about the 8.1 app and have been using the Music Hub Tile app instead. So when I saw yet another update for XBM today I installed it and have to say eventually once it had updated itself my remaining blank Album Arts now show up correctly. Actually I had to launch one of the albums before XBM noticed and applied the Art but at least it is there now and so this latest update works for me on L620 Black CV UK 8.1.1.1.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys since this is about the latest Xbox update, I want to share something too
So basically this brings the live tile support so when I play the music the live is working of course but there is a bug or something. The song which I play has an artist background shown while in the app but I can't see that artist in the live tile only his name scrolling...
Any tips or what???

deebee_433

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problems as the OP. After I updated the app, ALL of my albums (including streaming albums) had lost all their artwork. Eventually, after opening/closing, playing music and using the app, they all seemed to fix themselves. I did a soft reset too, hoping that it would fix the missing art, but nothing changed so I just figured it didn't work. Something did fix it, though whatever it was I don't know! Hopefully you wont have to go through the laborious rigmarole of re-syncing music to your phone. That **** is NEVER fun. :)

Last edited:

Mohit K Jain

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This update has made my app slower than it was. Also, I painfully managed to get all my album art working with high resolution images and this update punched right into my face by changing all of them with low resolution ones. And I don't even have XBM subscription.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problems as the OP. After I updated the app, ALL of my albums (including streaming albums) had lost all their artwork. Eventually, after opening/closing, playing some music and just using the app, they all seemed to fix themselves. I did a soft reset too, hoping that it would fix the missing art, but nothing changed so I just figured it didn't work. Something did fix it, though whatever it was I don't know! Hopefully you wont have to go through the laborious rigmarole of re-syncing music to your phone. That **** is NEVER fun. :)

Same thing has happened to me. Something has fixed it since I posted on here but I haven't a clue what. I restarted the phone and no change. I think what did it was checking artist info. It must have just needed to connect to the servers again. I now only have 3 or 4 albums not showing the art. I might stop abusing the Windows Phone Support account so much now :)

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Using Music Hub Tile right now. Since last week actually. I couldn't STAND Xbox Music even with this new update.

Did you try syncing through your PC? I sure did and still nothing. I give up. Give the developers the Xbox Music something-something they said for the devs to create good music apps. I'm tired of this "bi-weekly" updates that brings nothing new. The live tile is a good addition but I don't even have artist backgrounds because Xbox Music is not available in my country.

Frustrating, even the Music Hub Tile which wants me to pay for an app that's already in my phone is mediocre at best.

bryanibuan

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The live tile is a good addition but I don't even have artist backgrounds because Xbox Music is not available in my country.

^This! Why limit the artist background on countries where there is xbox music? Then they should have just made a Music Player app, rather than an Xbox Music app.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I see no beta tag on the app. Nope just double checked and there's no tag so definitely not a beta app. So think we're entitled to have a whine about the app. If you don't like it, stay out of the thread!

Meh, they pretty much said they regretted not calling it a beta in the last interview they had with wpcentral.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Its funny. They never breathed a hint of "Beta" until 99% of the community called it ****. Then they pull the "Beta" excuse out from no where. Fire them. Nothing but excuses and no progress.

mdb17

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody knew where it decides to get the background picture and live tile info from. because for the stuff I listen to I know the artist isn't in the catalog and I have no idea who the guys picture it is that they keep showing me but its getting old.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
You guys ***** too much about beta software

I find it funny that the stock music player is in Beta.

The app is really bad. The Music+Videos was much better than this. They should really create a separate stock music player and a separate Xbox Music app.

They could integrate both when Xbox Music is available in most countries. I would happily subscribe but it's not available in my country.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Its funny. They never breathed a hint of "Beta" until 99% of the community called it ****. Then they pull the "Beta" excuse out from no where. Fire them. Nothing but excuses and no progress.

You want people fired because you don't like the music app? Get real, and no one is forcing you to use Xbox music.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I find it funny that the stock music player is in Beta.

The app is really bad. The Music+Videos was much better than this. They should really create a separate stock music player and a separate Xbox Music app.

They could integrate both when Xbox Music is available in most countries. I would happily subscribe but it's not available in my country.

The old app wasn't that great to start with. The reason they removed Xbox music from the OS was so that they can update it more frequent. As long as it plays mp3 I'm fine with it. I don't give a hoot about album art. BTW all the album art works on my phone.

Pradika

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I really like the concept, but background artist doesnt work, and xbox service didnt reach my country, so, i cant stream anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss