XBox Music Update Blocked Online MS Services

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated the Music app (to 2.6.224.0) today and it blocked all access to any of my MS account related websites until I opened the app and let it finish setting up. I got "This page cannot be displayed" messages for OneDrive, outlook.com, the apps wouldn't sync, and I couldn't even access my MS Account or other MS websites on my PC and two Windows Phones.

Now everything works normally.

Peter Row

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Stop using Xbox music - MS obviously don't care because after about 10 updates it still has loads of bugs and issues. Primary issues that are bugging me:
  • Periodic glitching between tracks, i.e. a split second of noise when one track ends and the next one is just about to start.
  • No live tile update anymore.
  • Doesn't respect album artwork, sometimes choosing to download something else, i.e. US cover instead of UK cover
  • Lockscreen artist is hit and miss whether it will show even though option to show it is on.

Instead I just today discovered the app ModernMusic which is a fantastic 8.1 compatible player and is great because:
  • It plays music without glitching between tracks
  • It can scrobble to Last.FM in batches of 1, 5 or 10 tracks
  • It has a live tile that actually works
  • The player itself respects album artwork
  • Now playing view shows the artwork larger.
  • The app developer has a modernmusic.uservoice.com site where you suggest/vote on features and new features and changes are in planned or in development.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb