I am stuck for an answer! Maybe you could help me

coldfilter

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Decided today because I have spare time to downgrade my Lumia 920 with a mind to install the Cyan update. Followed all the instructions but all the Nokia software recovery tool does is reinstall my 8.1 software tried it 3 times and all keep getting is a re installation of developers preview 8.1
Any ideas has to why this keeps happening
Thanks in advance

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
My guess is that since WP 8.1 has not been officially recognized and shipped so the Nokia tool thinks this is the standard so updates to what is the most recently released version. Other than that, I don't have a clue. Good question; maybe someone more in the know will respond.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Decided today because I have spare time to downgrade my Lumia 920 with a mind to install the Cyan update. Followed all the instructions but all the Nokia software recovery tool does is reinstall my 8.1 software tried it 3 times and all keep getting is a re installation of developers preview 8.1
Any ideas has to why this keeps happening
Thanks in advance

If you are using NSRT then what you are installing IS 8.1/Cyan... It wouldn't install 8.1 DP as this is external to that program, and only available via Preview For Developers directly from your phone.

Software Recovery Tool will install both the OS (8.1) and the firmware (Cyan)...

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you are using NSRT then what you are installing IS 8.1/Cyan... It wouldn't install 8.1 DP as this is external to that program, and only available via Preview For Developers directly from your phone.

Software Recovery Tool will install both the OS (8.1) and the firmware (Cyan)...

What Geddeeee said.........

You are getting the official Public release of 8.1 and Cyan. the only way you could could 8.0/black or earlier firmware is to use Navifirm+ or the Nokia Care Suite.

tejanaqkilica

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

You are a ducking hero, I tryed the downgrade a couple of times and it always kept installing 8.1, so I decided to wait for a fix for cyan update, but after I read your comment I checked my phone and I'm already at cyan update+PFD update 1, thanks man :D

Aman2901

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If one has to downgrade he has to first disable the PFD by opening the app and unchecking the "Enable PFD" box!! But it's good that ye got it without any problems!! Enjoy!!

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If one has to downgrade he has to first disable the PFD by opening the app and unchecking the "Enable PFD" box!! But it's good that ye got it without any problems!! Enjoy!!

I call mis-information.

You don't need to disable PFD at all when downgrading using the NSRT or NCS.

I should know i did a downgrade with no issues without disabling PFD.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My issue is that Phone is not detected in Nokia Recovery.. any help?

Try uninstalling Recovery Tool and then reinstall it.
Failing that, try installing the previous version oif Recovery Tool. It should upgrade to the latest version and your phone should be detected...

coldfilter

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for taking the time and effort to reply with an answer! Its very much appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6