Decided today because I have spare time to downgrade my Lumia 920 with a mind to install the Cyan update. Followed all the instructions but all the Nokia software recovery tool does is reinstall my 8.1 software tried it 3 times and all keep getting is a re installation of developers preview 8.1
    Any ideas has to why this keeps happening
    Thanks in advance
    08-28-2014 01:08 PM
    My guess is that since WP 8.1 has not been officially recognized and shipped so the Nokia tool thinks this is the standard so updates to what is the most recently released version. Other than that, I don't have a clue. Good question; maybe someone more in the know will respond.
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-28-2014 01:42 PM
    Decided today because I have spare time to downgrade my Lumia 920 with a mind to install the Cyan update. Followed all the instructions but all the Nokia software recovery tool does is reinstall my 8.1 software tried it 3 times and all keep getting is a re installation of developers preview 8.1
    Any ideas has to why this keeps happening
    Thanks in advance
    If you are using NSRT then what you are installing IS 8.1/Cyan... It wouldn't install 8.1 DP as this is external to that program, and only available via Preview For Developers directly from your phone.

Software Recovery Tool will install both the OS (8.1) and the firmware (Cyan)...
    coldfilter likes this.
    08-28-2014 03:02 PM
    If you are using NSRT then what you are installing IS 8.1/Cyan... It wouldn't install 8.1 DP as this is external to that program, and only available via Preview For Developers directly from your phone.

Software Recovery Tool will install both the OS (8.1) and the firmware (Cyan)...
    What Geddeeee said.........

You are getting the official Public release of 8.1 and Cyan. the only way you could could 8.0/black or earlier firmware is to use Navifirm+ or the Nokia Care Suite.
    coldfilter likes this.
    08-29-2014 04:59 AM

You are a ducking hero, I tryed the downgrade a couple of times and it always kept installing 8.1, so I decided to wait for a fix for cyan update, but after I read your comment I checked my phone and I'm already at cyan update+PFD update 1, thanks man :D
    Geddeeee likes this.
    08-29-2014 05:22 AM
    If one has to downgrade he has to first disable the PFD by opening the app and unchecking the "Enable PFD" box!! But it's good that ye got it without any problems!! Enjoy!!
    08-29-2014 05:40 AM
    If one has to downgrade he has to first disable the PFD by opening the app and unchecking the "Enable PFD" box!! But it's good that ye got it without any problems!! Enjoy!!
    I call mis-information.

You don't need to disable PFD at all when downgrading using the NSRT or NCS.

I should know i did a downgrade with no issues without disabling PFD.
    08-29-2014 05:51 AM
    My issue is that Phone is not detected in Nokia Recovery.. any help?
    08-29-2014 05:57 AM
    Try uninstalling Recovery Tool and then reinstall it.
    Failing that, try installing the previous version oif Recovery Tool. It should upgrade to the latest version and your phone should be detected...
    teckris likes this.
    08-29-2014 06:03 AM
    Try using different USB port.
    Geddeeee likes this.
    08-29-2014 08:58 AM

Thanks for taking the time and effort to reply with an answer! Its very much appreciated
    Geddeeee likes this.
    08-29-2014 06:13 PM
    Try uninstalling Recovery Tool and then reinstall it.
    Failing that, try installing the previous version oif Recovery Tool. It should upgrade to the latest version and your phone should be detected...
    It didnt help me :(
    09-02-2014 05:02 AM