no option to sync outlook contacts

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
so I lost my 930 and got a new one, restored it, now there is no option in accounts under my Microsoft account to sync contacts, just has a check box for email.

How comes? anyone have any idea?

regi7

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The contacts should sync automatically. You don't really have to choose an option. Did you set it up as a Microsoft account or an outlook account?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
set it up as a Microsoft account as I always have.... there is usually box to check which says contacts but there isn't anything there. I cannot add an outlook account as its already my Microsoft account.

djgreedo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Your main account does not have the checkboxes for calendar and contacts, as they are synced automatically and this can't be changed.

However, I am currently having a problem with my contacts not actually syncing, which is probably what you have too.

EDIT
Got mine working.
I don't know if anything I did helped, but my after resetting my phone last night my Hotmail contacts were not synced after ~12 hours. I did a few things to try to force a sync, and I don't know which (if any) did the trick, but my contacts are now syncing (but very slowly...it's like one contact syncs every half hour or so).

Here's the things I did:
created a new contact via Outlook.com
changed a contact details via Outlook.com
changed sync to 15 minutes
rebooted the phone

A few of my contacts have now synced, and I think if I wait for several hours they will all eventually sync.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire