Update 1 has caused phone reboots

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I updated to WP8.1 Update 1, 8I noticed that my phone will freeze and the reboot. I did however notice that it only has done this when I create start screen live folders.

I just recently removed all live folders and my phone stopped freezing and rebooting. There is another thread on this site about the HTC One M8 rebooting a lot and I I recall it shipped with WP8.1 update 1.

I think the live folders have a bug.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I both have a L928. We removed the folders and no issues now. Bummer because wr LOVE the live folders feature.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine was doing the same when I had my 928. I jumped on the icon and have the actual live folders and no probs. If its the app I think your talking about then that was the problem or were you able to hold and drag onto another app till it made the folder?

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if a specific app caused the problem within a folder as the phone randomly froze and rebooted with no specific apps involved. But now that I removed the folders no more freezes or reboots.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Almost one month later after NOT using the live folders and still NOT having phone freezes or random reboots. Those live folders are the culprit! I am running developers preview so dont have the cyan firmware update. Perhaps that is a missing piece to the puzzle????

plasmid_uk

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
You clearly misunderstand. The Cyan update is called Lumia Cyan and it's only for Nokia phones. It's a firmware update which works in conjunction with the OS update (8.1.1)

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the Lumia 928 on Verizon. I can't get the cyan update yet. I am on latest DP and the live folders just cause reboots. So am wondering if i had the cyan update with DP 8.1.1 would that help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro