Ever increasing System space?!

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So I originally updated to 8.1 (not update 1) Dev Preview and it took 2.45 GB of system after a reset and it started increasing and stayed around 2.6-2.7 GB. When i heard about the bit locker issue, i turned back to WP8.0 and waited for Lumia Cyan. As some of you know, OTA update for 620 isn't available so I updated using software recovery tool. After I updated my phone to lumia cyan. (to completely factory state), the system took 2.65 GB of memory and has ever since increase 2.95 GB (and still increasing).

I would like to know if there's some bug I must check out, reset or redownload update through software recovery.

Also, can others please also state their system size for comparison?

Lumia 620 running Lumia Cyan India.

simon.b

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happens on my lumia 730. It stays the same for some time and then suddenly increases and wont go back down. Mine is at 3,02 GB now.

Maybe they solved the other storage problem by putting that storage into system instead :grin:

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a suggestion. Use the "Remove Temporary files" option of "Nokia Storage Check" (Not the beta). It usually frees up 50-100 Mb of my system storage.

Further information: I think that the System storage is very dynamic. Its usually 2.6 GB for me. But varies from 2.45 to 2.9. When it goes too high I use the method to described above to bring it back to the mean. In my opinion MSFT has combined the Temporary files with the System storage. That's why after 8.1.1, temporary files stay at 0 kb all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa