Resuming bug after Cyan or GDR1?

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am sure that lot of you are experiencing "resuming" bug after latest updates, is there a specific thread about it? Are they planning to fix it ?
Almost every option i select in options menu it goes to resuming first. Its annoying and taking away the fluidity and speed that WP had.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I am sure that lot of you are experiencing "resuming" bug after latest updates, is there a specific thread about it? Are they planning to fix it ?
Almost every option i select in options menu it goes to resuming first. Its annoying and taking away the fluidity and speed that WP had.

Yeap I'm sure everyone has it now. I'm not sure what's causing it but it's not that bad for me. If I go to the start screen before putting it on standby it doesn't do it, if I do standby on just about any app however it'll do it.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
No sign of it on my 1520 with 8.1/Cyan and Update 1. Never had any problem at all.
This 'bug' is to do with other programs you may be running, not the OS. Namely Cortana. Unpin the Live Tile from your start screen. It f**ks everything up.

If it's not Cortana, check Battery Saver to track down the culprit.
I don't use Cortana, she is turned off. Maybe that is why my phone runs smoothly....

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
No sign of it on my 1520 with 8.1/Cyan and Update 1. Never had any problem at all.
This 'bug' is to do with other programs you may be running, not the OS. Namely Cortana. Unpin the Live Tile from your start screen. It f**ks everything up.

If it's not Cortana, check Battery Saver to track down the culprit.
I don't use Cortana, she is turned off. Maybe that is why my phone runs smoothly....

I am not from the US so I dont run Cortana too. I am aware that Live lock screen BETA was doing this too but that was taken care off. What else? What with the battery saver?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I am not from the US so I dont run Cortana too. I am aware that Live lock screen BETA was doing this too but that was taken care off. What else? What with the battery saver?

Battery Saver also shows which apps are using the most battery. It will give a good idea as to what app is using the most battery. Normally that will point to which app may be causing lags etc...

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok... well I'm not sure which one of these things actually worked for me but I will put the link below to this thread that helped me. At first I thought none of them were working so I got fed up and restarted my phone and I haven't had the delay yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
If you're having battery issues, overheating or delayed power button wakes, try these! - Windows Phone Central Forums

Didnt had much belief into it but I tried solution #1 and it worked ! Phone seems faster then ever now. Thank you !!

womble_be

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
#1 worked for me too. As I worked through my app list I could see it was getting faster to return to the app list and now the "resuming" time is much shorter.
Normally when install a new app I always open it immediately but there are a lot I haven't used since the cyan update. Several of these were reset to initial state (showing first time use introduction screens etc.) even though it still had all the settings / game progress. As some of these were in background tasks list I guess this was causing problems.
#2 no Cortana in my country so can't say
#3 no gameloft games. I had some from the free games for Nokia offer a few months back but these are now de-listed so couldn't reinstall after cyan.
#4 I changed my sync settings almost immediately so can't say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte