What would you do if Windows Phone is discontinued ?

adkrish22290

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone will never be discontinued.

But assuming it did, I would switch to Blackberry. The OS used in those phones (Blackberry 10) is the best mobile OS after WP and it heavily focuses on security. All other mobile OSs (not counting Nokia's OSes) are plain rubbish.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone will never be discontinued.

But assuming it did, I would switch to Blackberry. The OS used in those phones (Blackberry 10) is the best mobile OS after WP and it heavily focuses on security. All other mobile OSs (not counting Nokia's OSes) are plain rubbish.
I like Blackberry but they are less than 1% market share so you will not see major apps for this platform in a long time or until it dies.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
All recent developments about MS' approach towards their native mobile OS is forcing me to leave this platform when I'll think of buying a new device. I was in hunt of 920/925 earlier and liked those a lot. Those had all potential to be my next wp device, but alas! Hardware is not everything a user needs, its OS and apps too. I get enough apps on wp at the moment but MS is losing their competition with Android or IOS. With 8.1.1, OS is no more as fluid as it was. MS prioritizes updates to their native apps on android or ios. Most of the official apps are still in beta. We have given heck lots of time to MS to improve but guess what, they are all set to lose another faithful user, it appears. Sad, very sad!

Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

s2mikey

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd be very sad at first. I really like WP a lot and can't stand android. I love my iPad and iOS but iPhones are so effing expensive off contract and that's the only way I roll with this cell phone stuff. So, dare I say I'd go back to a tracfone/flip phone? I probably would, unless apple ends up with a cheaper device.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
windows phone here to stay we heard it multiple time from MS but if it got discontinued i'd switch to ios, android isn't an option i've seen the performance of this crappy OS on high/mid/low end phones

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Probably just keep using my current WP device. Sometimes when Microsoft is particularly stupid I consider switching but the reality is at the moment I find it inconceivable using any other platform. Just despise apple and google too much to use their products. I have simple smartphone meds so the truth is it wouldn't affect me too much.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Android.

Probably something like the Note or the HTC One or the One+One..

I would love an iPhone but it's too expensive for me when it comes to storage. SD Card slot>

EDIT: Probably a Blackberry with a physical keyboard. I actually loved my BB Curve before. Then use my iPod classic again.

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I might roll with blackberry for a bit, the passport looks like an interesting new design. not that i need the qwerty keyboard specifically, but i like companies that try out new things. i would probably eventually succumb to ios, as much as i hate having the exact same phone as everyone else around me

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss