Wallet app

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
So is it just me or has the wallet app lost a ton of functionality in windows phone 8.1? Can't manually add cards, no deals section etc.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So is it just me or has the wallet app lost a ton of functionality in windows phone 8.1? Can't manually add cards, no deals section etc.
Noticed it as well. Though to be honest I didn't use Wallet as much *because* support for it has been non-existent in Canada. It doesn't look like things will change, but I do hope I see my bank support it with NFC and wireless payments, at least.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah same here. A bit disappointed especially since apple is going to be coming out with there mobile payment system next week.

Well since apple is doing it "first", I guess Android and WP will have to catch up for the NFC payments and stuff. Wallet not useless as it currently feels. How sad the industry needs Apple do 'invent' something that already exists before it gets looked at for widespread adoption.....

canadian1der

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There's still a lot of functionality there if you look for it. If you use groupon it will add all of your purchased groupons into the app, it can take boarding passes, and with Buckstar it can have your starbucks card pinned in there and will do location notifications.

I think the issue is that a lot of the functionality has been left for apps to fill, and the issue is that there aren't enough apps utilizing the wallet APIs that Microsoft has built into WP8.1.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah same here. A bit disappointed especially since apple is going to be coming out with there mobile payment system next week.

Hopefully Apple finally getting NFC with mobile payments will encourage vendors to adapt. Android has had tap-to-pay for awhile, +/- 2 years already, but so far not many stores utilize it. WP has the components in place; they just need to get them all working together for tap-to-pay.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Noticed it as well. Though to be honest I didn't use Wallet as much *because* support for it has been non-existent in Canada. It doesn't look like things will change, but I do hope I see my bank support it with NFC and wireless payments, at least.

I'm in the US and I've never seen NFC used in the real world. It's as elusive as Bigfoot.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the US and I've never seen NFC used in the real world. It's as elusive as Bigfoot.

When I had an LG G2 people would look at me like it was some sort of magic when I used it.

Really hoping for wider adoption as well since Apple will be "inventing" it next week.

That and an Isis app if needed.

Lanaaaaaa!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

It's around, but it's not very popular. I use it mostly at McDonald's and Walgreens. Sheetz used to have it, but they dropped it a few months ago.

When I had an LG G2 people would look at me like it was some sort of magic when I used it.

Ha ha same here! I've used tap-to-pay many times at McDonald's, and more often than not the cashier leans over her register to see what I've done.

Really hoping for wider adoption as well since Apple will be "inventing" it next week.

I'm very interested to see how Apple will spin tap-to-pay as their invention! But I'm glad they're introducing it to the iPhone. I've said for awhile that we need it on the iPhone to get it mainstream.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
It's around, but it's not very popular. I use it mostly at McDonald's and Walgreens. Sheetz used to have it, but they dropped it a few months ago.

Ha ha same here! I've used tap-to-pay many times at McDonald's, and more often than not the cashier leans over her register to see what I've done.

I'm very interested to see how Apple will spin tap-to-pay as their invention! But I'm glad they're introducing it to the iPhone. I've said for awhile that we need it on the iPhone to get it mainstream.

I haven't been in a McDonalds in over ten years. Maybe that's why I don't see them.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion