Windows phone 8.1 GDR2 features leaked!

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know what are the new alpha countries? Only english speaking communities? I think they should target Brazil, where Windows Phone is almost outrunning Apple on mobile devices.

Cortana is currently available in English speaking countries only. What happens after that no one knows. I image they'll try to add new languages later.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather see improved speed of the OS. Man, after looking how smooth is iOS I was like "lol at Android and WP" I know this doesn't count as a feature, but still. About the features, I still want to see more Window's like UI on the phone, BACKGROUND WALLPAPER, also Tiles of the apps matching the colors as on Windows, and the look of the app list just something like in WINDOWS. :)

Ive been rocking a background wallpaper since 8.1 developer preview.........also, where is WP UI slow? Are you using a 520, and expecting 930/Icon performance.

That being said, I wish the settings page had tiles for the categories, and that we could take sub portions of categories and pin them to bring them to the foreground.

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Vicky, I for one cannot wait until we can sort the menu such as the settings. It makes no sense that currently its all haphazard and no way other than scrolling to find stuff. What I would really LOVE to see though is direct actions in the notification panel, e.g. when I hit the WiFi button it toggles on/off (same with Bluetooth).
While I'm making my wishlist, I would also love being able to route media to a different Bluetooth device! I hate that my calls and media both have to go to the same device. I want my music over my car audio but my calls over my Bluetooth ear piece. This has been available on other platforms for some time now and is truly a convenience.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
This error is appearing cause of wrong update packege. If you want rid from this error, you must downgrade your device or visit nokia care centre to flash your device. This is the only way.

No, this particular error is a result of the partition issue, the package error has been resolved if I recall correctly

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
A feature I would highly like is "Quick Action". (I basically invented the term). Its involves having the option to quickly reply to texts and facebook notifications, without exiting the app or game you are using. Its so frustrating to go to the message app and reply a simple "Yes" or "Lol" to a text, while playing Subway surfers! I know. Its something coming to IOS 8, and I think its already available in some Android, but then again, no harm in borrowing a universally liked concept. They could even implement it better, eg. But giving us an option to like or comment on fb status notifications from the banner. How about a swipe to the left for a "Quick Action"? The WA I visualize it, the swipe would expand the banner downwards, with the space having a text box and/or buttons based on the notifications. Hows the idea and implementation?
These feature may arrive at the point of convergence :wink:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
WP is sorely lacking in music playback. When can we get what both Adriod and iOS already have? That would be a start to increasing market share, rather than making the WP faithful settle for less.

[1] Digital audio output through microUSB - to enable use of an external DAC

[2] Bluetooth streaming of A2DP and aptX formats - for better quality audio over BT

[3] USB OTG - to enable connecting external storage devices

In 8.1 GDR1 according to the Microsoft OEM page.

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
This is complete bull****, sorry. You obviously have not seen Debian Red. Also, do not conflate Update 1 (OS) with Debian Red (new firmware), they do different things.

What Debian Red brings to the table has not been revealed at all.
hope debian red solves the overheating problem in the Lumia 930, which I assume is firmware's fault bit might be wrong.

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2 is going to bring support to 2K resolution on smartphone displays, and therefore providing support to new processors like the Snapdragon 805

personally I don't care quadHD display on phone, would like to see 1080p screen which is very efficient on battery. snapdragon 805 would be nice addition for those powerful nokia cameras
another thing I would like to see is adaptation of usb 3.1c type in new phones

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you'll see slow motion camera video given the M8. This will be on supported newer Qualcomm devices. Perhaps higher resolution rapid shots too. Reviews have almost skipped over these features which are neat additions to the M8 but likely to come to new Lumias and existing with appropriate hardware. Could be totally wrong with this guess though, but why else would Joe B have slow mo in his ALS video...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, i havent seen Debian red. but i was just saying to expect.
apologies.
And i guess that debian red will be the package of UPDATE 1.

What you expect? You were saying what you expect? But you said "leaked". I didn't know you meant leaked from your imagination. Dude.

Last edited:

Highziq

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I hope they would allow one to force a network to one connection either 4G or 3G or Edge and not the other way round where u select 4G and ur phone stays on Edge network

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh right China I forgot about them. Even though that's the only exception on the list. But they do speak English....

In pretty much every western European country, the majority of each countries population can speak English. Most people I know speak three languages fluently. Shouldn't be a reason to restrict access to Cortana in any version of WP.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Because accent differs in every country. I live in India, I am able to understand Indian English, I may not be very fluent in American English. The speed, the vocabulary which you use in your language differs in every country, that's the reason Cortana is not available in every English speaking country & hence MS is working on that.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
In 8.1 GDR1 according to the Microsoft OEM page. (A2DP and aptX bluetooth)

Thanks for that info! I have a bluetooth front-end (utilizes aptX) and home audio DAC coming in the next few weeks (LH Labs Geek Blue and Geek Pulse). Will test it out and give everyone feedback.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Because accent differs in every country. I live in India, I am able to understand Indian English, I may not be very fluent in American English. The speed, the vocabulary which you use in your language differs in every country, that's the reason Cortana is not available in every English speaking country & hence MS is working on that.

Nah. Cortana has understood everyone who's played with my phone just fine, despite only few of them coming from English speaking countries (including me). I admit that accents in western Europe aren't comparable to those in India however. I have no idea how well/bad that works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte