Keep losing my IE favorites

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Anyone else losing their IE favorites. It's frustrating and I don't even have more than 5 in there.
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Keep losing mu IE favorites

Do you use IE on your computer? IE on WP and IE on PC will sync, but it shouldn't delete favorites from either unless you are deleting them on the PC.

What happens when you add favorites on the PC? Give it some time (30-60 minutes - IDK how often it checks favorites to sync) or restart your phone (which should force a sync). Do those new PC favorites appear on the phone?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Before the latest update provided the ability to sync with my Surface, I just used to keep a backup of my most used IE favs in a OneNote file. I'd just copy and paste them back and forth. Not ideal, I know. But it's not too cumbersome to do with five or ten links.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

Do you use IE on your computer? IE on WP and IE on PC will sync, but it shouldn't delete favorites from either unless you are deleting them on the PC.

What happens when you add favorites on the PC? Give it some time (30-60 minutes - IDK how often it checks favorites to sync) or restart your phone (which should force a sync). Do those new PC favorites appear on the phone?

Yes I do but I try to keep my phone bookmarks simple (no folders) so I keep it separate.

So I have lost my bookmarks several times now. I have the latest developers preview on my icon.

Anyone else?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Yes I do but I try to keep my phone bookmarks simple (no folders) so I keep it separate.

So I have lost my bookmarks several times now. I have the latest developers preview on my icon.

Anyone else?

If you allow them to sync, the last folder used appears when you tap favorites on your phone. You don't have to navigate through all your bookmark folders. That would be grief. I've got 400+ bookmarks in 30-40 folders on my desktop...

If you create a WP faves folder in IE desktop, navigate to that folder on your phone, it will be the faves folder that appears first. If you add a new fave on the phone, you'll have the option of putting it in that folder or any other folder.

Why not have quick access and faves automatically backed up on your PC?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)