Infuriated with Microsoft!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
na honestly i want to get a RT tablet but if most RT tablets are made with only 32gb of space, then isnt letting us install apps on sd cards common sense?. my problem wasn't with RT or Office its with the lack of ability to install metro apps onto sd cards when the majority of windows tablet made are 32gb

The majority of the RT tablets sold were the Surface and they are available with 64GB. The VivoTab RT is also available with 64 gigs. You're infuriated with MS but it appears your gripe is with Nokia for not offering what you want. Microsoft has a 64GB RT tablet, what's the beef?

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
The majority of the RT tablets sold were the Surface and they are available with 64GB. The VivoTab RT is also available with 64 gigs. You're infuriated with MS but it appears your gripe is with Nokia for not offering what you want. Microsoft has a 64GB RT tablet, what's the beef?

my main probably is why have an OS for tablets that you can't install apps on SD card, even on some sites with 32gb model its advertised that you can install games on SD cards.

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Why are you infuriated with MS when you are talking about a device built by Nokia (Well into the design if not build stage before MS took over the device division).

His main bone of contention seems to be that the OS doesn't support app installation on SD cards, a complaint I find entirely valid. Yes, there are 64GB and even 128 GB Windows RT tablets but personally I consider the 32 GB ones to be close to useless if the user is even moderately interested in installing more than a few Store apps. I'm hoping the ARM version of Threshold will be made available for all the existing RT tablets and will finally fix this major lacuna.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
His main bone of contention seems to be that the OS doesn't support app installation on SD cards, a complaint I find entirely valid. Yes, there are 64GB and even 128 GB Windows RT tablets but personally I consider the 32 GB ones to be close to useless if the user is even moderately interested in installing more than a few Store apps. I'm hoping the ARM version of Threshold will be made available for all the existing RT tablets and will finally fix this major lacuna.
you get it and moreover, nokia and microsoft had a partnership when the lumia 2520 was made.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
you get it and moreover, nokia and microsoft had a partnership when the lumia 2520 was made.

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? You don't purchase anything based on its future potential. If it doesn't have what you want, no matter how badly you want it, move on.

Some of the criticisms leveled at Microsoft are valid on their face, most others are sheer nonsense. Like any other company, MS designs and builds a product based on their own experiences and what they perceive as wanted by the buying public. There is no such thing as the perfect device which would explain why there are so many choices out there. Now whether it's a hardware or software limitation, some functions are not incorporated. Sometimes it's just the bean counters who win the argument if that said function adds too much to the cost of production.

If you want to spend your money based on potential, don't become a GM in the NFL. The landscape is littered with Ryan Leafs, Matt Leinarts and JaMarcus Russells.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? You don't purchase anything based on its future potential. If it doesn't have what you want, no matter how badly you want it, move on.

Some of the criticisms leveled at Microsoft are valid on their face, most others are sheer nonsense. Like any other company, MS designs and builds a product based on their own experiences and what they perceive as wanted by the buying public. There is no such thing as the perfect device which would explain why there are so many choices out there. Now whether it's a hardware or software limitation, some functions are not incorporated. Sometimes it's just the bean counters who win the argument if that said function adds too much to the cost of production.

If you want to spend your money based on potential, don't become a GM in the NFL. The landscape is littered with Ryan Leafs, Matt Leinarts and JaMarcus Russells.
WTF are you on about?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss