FlipBoard!!!!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It's right there!!

It's in ALL the new devices...but no reviewer is opening it! What a sad day!

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This app ain't that special. It can't even play video half the time on Windows 8.1 and I wonder why its being treated like its the Shroud of Turin. Everybody else has it except us so its not new. Just get on and drop it so we can all experience how unlike the OSX and Android it is.

I guess you can tell I'm tired of the Flipboad waiting game.

El_Burro

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the fascination with flipboard. When it was released for Windows 8 I downloaded and tried it. I discovered very quickly flipboard was nothing more than a glorified rss reader. Since I had another app installed that provided the same functionality (I mean a RSS reader) I have not opened flipboard since.
If flipboard does make it's way to WinPhone that's great for the platform I guess but I'll not be downloading it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the fascination with flipboard. When it was released for Windows 8 I downloaded and tried it. I discovered very quickly flipboard was nothing more than a glorified rss reader. Since I had another app installed that provided the same functionality (I mean a RSS reader) I have not opened flipboard since.
If flipboard does make it's way to WinPhone that's great for the platform I guess but I'll not be downloading it.

Same here. I have Flipboard for Windows 8.1 but haven't used it in months. I do use Nextgen Reader several times a day on Windows 8.1/WP8.1.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I think Flipboard is an over rated news app. I guess people like it for the visual aspect of the UI. Other than that, it's just a regular news reader. If/when it comes to WP, good for the platform. But if you really want a visually centric news reader NOW, try Rudy Huyn's "Fuse" news reader.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I have Flipboard for Windows 8.1 but haven't used it in months. I do use Nextgen Reader several times a day on Windows 8.1/WP8.1.
Even I don't get all the hype about Flipboard. I too use Nextgen Reader all day through on my Lumia 1320. Its an excellent news only lacking toast notifications which would be a very handy feature or WP8.1 to get notifications in the notify tab.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I guess people like it for the visual aspect of the UI. Other than that, it's just a regular news reader. If/when it comes to WP, good for the platform. But if you really want a visually centric news reader NOW, try Rudy Huyn's "Fuse" news reader.
I've seen flipboard on my friend's Android phone and I liked it exactly for its visual side. Who can blame me for that? Isn't one of the reasons why we like WP its visual appeal?
The fact that some app is not yet in the Store, doesn't mean the app is worthless.
Fuse is great btw. Not exactly flipboard, but still great. TY for hint.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I happen to think Flipboard is very "metro" in its design and it fits into the WP look naturally and beautifully. I use the Windows app. Is the WP app available for worldwide download, now?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I think Flipboard is an over rated news app. I guess people like it for the visual aspect of the UI. Other than that, it's just a regular news reader. If/when it comes to WP, good for the platform. But if you really want a visually centric news reader NOW, try Rudy Huyn's "Fuse" news reader.
Someone on WPCentral alerted me to a news app that has the Flip built in. I've used it for about a week now. It needs a tweak here and there but overall, not half bad.

Greg Brannon1

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Is this app officially available yet? I remember Daniel Rubino had story last week that it was available for phones 1GB or higher. I have an HTC8XT which has 1 GB and the message on the app page on my device show's it as not available. Do some phones need the update .1 before Flipboard will download?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)