Windows app is shown in MS Apps website, but not in the store.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I would like to download a certain app for to read my etextbooks.

It is this app CourseSmart eTextbooks app for Windows in the Windows Store

If I click on the "View in Windows Store" icon, it just takes me to the Windows Store front page, and not to the actual app. I encourage others to try it too, to see if the issue is just for me.

It is apparantly a known issue, and I found this page with some suggestions App not showing up in built-in store although it's visible on - Microsoft Community

I did follow the suggestions, but it did not fix the issue of the Windows Store not showing the app.
1. I have tried fiddling with the Windows Store preference settings, and I still wasn't able to see the Coursesmart app.
2. I also signed out and signed in again in the store, and it still did not fix the issue.
3. I also tried resetting the store by running WSReset.exe, and still no luck.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Worked for me. I clicked the link, briefly saw the website, then the Store came up and I could install the app.

I've had the same issue before, I'll see if I can remember what I did to fix it. You might also try MS own forums/stuff as I usually find fixes there fairly quickly.

thisise

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Click on the "View in Windows Store" button as that opens the Store on your computer and takes you to the app page, allowing you to install it. Sometimes this happens when an app has just been updated.

zorc

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
It might also be that the app has not been released in your marked.
App developers can decide in which markets to offer their apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss