Data Burn: Verizon Lumia 928 on DP8.1.1

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I started paying attention to my data usage (On the 6GB/month more everything family plan) and noticed my two WP on DP8.1 are using carrier data while also on wi-fi. I have a NL928, HTC 8x, iPhone 5 and iP 4. Both Apple items are extremely low usage (Carrier Data). I see some data usage while I know these two are on wifi but I figured it's a ping or something.

However, my phone (928) and my daughter's 8x seem to be doing something where 5-20MB of data is being transmitted while on wifi. I know when I am at the office or at home I shouldn't see anything but for both phones there are these random multi-MegaBytes of data going over cellular. Has anyone else noticed this on their plans?

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope. But my ICON's wifi hasn't even worked for the last two weeks so I can't say with any certainty as my data usage over cellular has been high anyhow.

You could check 'battery saver' or 'data sense' to see what apps are using what. Maybe it's something that runs in the background?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh. It might be battery saver. Once the phone goes into battery saver mode with the heart symbol over the battery it turns off the WiFi. So that could be why you might be seeing some extra data being used. But I wouldn't imagine that be the main cause of your issue but only a part. As Gawked said check data sense to see where your data is going.

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You may want to check settings under cellular sim, there's an option to use cellular when the wifi signal is weak.

Settings -> Cellular + SIM -> For limited wi-fi connectivity -> don't use cellular data

I have mine set to off, see if that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven